Possible Gecko

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by ikermalli, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ikermalli

ikermalli Well-Known Member

alright thanks. I found a buyer for my tank+stand+fish :(

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. ikermalli

How much should I sell it for? I am including the fish it comes with sand,plants,hide,driftwood,tank,stand,10 fish,hood,light,filter

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. ikermalli

anyone?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

no idea

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. ikermalli

I got the whole setup for around $300 The person I am selling it to is a good friend so i think 200-250 is good price right?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

I doubt anyone will want to pay $200-250 for a 10 gallon when they can go and get one for a tenth of that at the petstore.

Let's please keep this thread on topic. This forum is about leos, not how much money you can make out of a tank :wink: Keeps things leo related please or it will get locked.

If you have natural sunlight during the day, theres no need for an extra light. As long as you dont have the light on for the whole night, so theres NO sense of daylight for the leo at all, there shouldnt be any problems. You do not NEED a red bulb, but if you want to view your leo during the night (when most tend to be more active) this is the bulb you'll want as they have trouble seeing red light so you will not disturb them. If you do get a red bulb, make sure it is red glass and not bulb with red paint (party lights) as these emit a high proportion of white light, which is visible to leos.

20 gallons are 100% better than 10s in my mind. Ive housed mine in his 20 gal long from day one. Thing with 10 gals is there isn't much room to have everything you need in there, and its pretty hard trying to create a heat gradient. It's upto you though, but id recommend housing in a 20 gal long now, but an upgrade, as long as you intend to do this, in 3-4 months wont hurt.

12. ikermalli

Yes I know a 20 Gallon long is better that is why I am trying to sell my 20G High so i can get a long. I found a good deal in the classifieds and the person I found is actually going to buy the tank once I make sure my parents are fine with it. I really want to get the 20G long just im short on cash :( But I found a 35G for 90 Dollars!

13. ikermalli

Is a hygrometer needed? I only need one thermometer with a probe right? I made a list of stuff I will be buying this week can you please tell me if I am leaving something out?

Substrate - Paper Towel (or repti-carpet)
    Food - Mealworms (will buy later)
    Hides - 1 Log hide, 1 Exo terra rock hide, 1 humid home made hide
    Heating - Heat Mat (4x5 or 10.5x11?)
    Tank - 10 Gallons
    Cover - Screen Cover by Zoomed (<- good brand for covers?)
    Supplements - Calcium (pure), Multi-Vitamin+D3
    Temp Tracking - Thermometer with a probe
    Temp Control - Thermostat
    Extra - Log to climb up on

Am I missing anything?

14. ikermalli

Ok, so I watched this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F6rj9CjZkQ and this guy doesnt seem to have a UTH or thermostat and has like 7 reptiles now. Is that ok? I am not trying to make him look bad, he is my youtube friend but yeah. Would that be okay?

15. ataber

ataber New Member

uth is better and yes a thermostat or some kind of temp control is necessary b/c if it gets too hot you need to have a way to turn down the power

16. ikermalli

Alright. Are smaller chain pet store animals healthier? On the pjspet site www.pjspet.com they say that they only hire very knowledgeable people and if the breeder cannot get the shipping pass should I buy my gecko from there?

17. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Ok, this thread is starting to do exactly what i didn't want it to... its getting too long, and informative / descriptive posts are beginning to lack.

Don't worry about people on youtube, if they want to be idiots, let them be, worry about yourself :wink:

For the record, leos NEED a heat supply which should be regulated with s thermostat, dimmer etc.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to make a new thread :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.