Post a pic of your carpet enclosure

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by bAlLinLiKeAbOa, Dec 21, 2007.

1. bAlLinLiKeAbOa

bAlLinLiKeAbOa Member

Hey, just wanting to see what others carpet enclosures look like, I've had my JCP for about 5 months now, that makes him almost 1 and 1/2. Also do you think this cage will last him for the remainder of his life? Thanks.

Chase.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

Here is about half of Ira's Boaphile, it's 4' x 2' x 18", he's just over 4' now.

[​IMG]

Peggy Sue is still in a 10 gallon, she is about 30" and will get a Boaphile like Ira's in late winter/early spring.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. bAlLinLiKeAbOa

bAlLinLiKeAbOa Member

Very nice snake and enclosure Clem, as I always enjoy looking at your animals. Do you think my enclosure is pretty good for a carpet though? The only thing I am worried about is him outgrowing it, I hope I can keep him in that enclosure for the rest of his days..

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

How big is the viv and how big is he?
    Jungles average 5-7' typically, males being slightly smaller than females so I should think he will end up in the 5-6' range. Since Carpets make good use of 'up' space you can get away with slightly less floor space, but more is better with these guys...they are fairly active (as I'm sure you've noticed!).
    For a 6' snake a 4 x 2' enclosure would be great, you could probably get away with a 3' x 2' but I personally feel that is a bit cramped. The general rule is one square foot of floor space for each foot of snake, some snakes should have more and some can do with a lot less...Carpets sort of fit that rule well though.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Retheat

Retheat New Member

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. bAlLinLiKeAbOa

bAlLinLiKeAbOa Member

Re: RE: Post a pic of your carpet enclosure

ahh ok, thanks Clem. I think I should be fine then from what you have explained.

12. Fiddlinboy

Fiddlinboy New Member

RE: Re: RE: Post a pic of your carpet enclosure

how much do cages big enough for carpets usually cost? I looking on Boaphile and they were really expensive.
    a big enough cage is pretty much the only thing stopping me from getting a carpet.

13. Gourami_Swami

Gourami_Swami New Member

why not use a clear sterilite tub or make a plywood enclosure? both are cheap and easy alternatives

14. Fiddlinboy

Fiddlinboy New Member

keep in mind that you need at least 3 x 2 ft of space plus a good bit of up space and i don't' think they make sterilite tubs that big.
    as for the ply wood idea, how would i go about making that? if all the sides were ply wood how would i heat it?
    also, i think plywood is made outta pine and pine has oils/aromas that can cause RI's in snakes.

15. herpinvert

herpinvert Embryo

Here is mine. It's 5'h x 4'w x 24"d. completely waterproofed and with the lock on the doors. I filmed the door glass so it wouldn't break, used mesh screen on top for the lights and heating.

[​IMG]