Post your Leo's Tank pix #2

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by iGorx, Mar 14, 2007.

1. spaceboy

spaceboy Well-Known Member

This is Sushis tank. He is spoiled rotten! Warm side on the right, cold on the left.

[​IMG]

And this is Neo's. I adopted Neo from a family who neglected him in every way, the setup he had when I got him was wrong in EVERY way and the smell in his former tank was one of the worse smells I've known. I had to throw away the entire tank and even the lights he had and the thinngy that the lamp sits in because it smelled so bad. So I gave him my "emergency tank" and gave him everything he needs. So even though it looks kinda small and poor, its probably luxury in his eyes!

[​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KameoKid

KameoKid Embryo

Here's one of ours
    [​IMG]

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. noahboa1

noahboa1 New Member

Here is Clementine's tank. I converted an old entertainment center. It measures 12 inches high, 18 inches wide, 60 inches long, and is roughly the size of a 55 gallon in volume and has the floorspace of about a 110 gallon, 1080 square inches, or 90 square feet. There are holes drilled in the supports so she can maneuver throughout the entire enclosure. I also have little block that I use when cleaning out the cage or re-arranging things. There are two strips of heat tape, one 11 inches by 12 inches on the warm end, the other, 3 inches by 12 inches on the cooler end of the enclosure. This ensures a proper heat gradient, the warm end substrate temperature measuring 97 degrees Fahrenheit and the cool end measures 86 degrees Fahrenheit.

The blue wire in the second third and fourth picture is called EL wire or Electroluminescent wire and is used for viewing at night. The frequency of light it puts out is invisible to leopard geckos so it doesn't disturb nocturnal behavior. It costs about $5 for 7.5 feet of it on Ebay and comes in a variety of colors such as green, pink, blue, orange, red, white, yellow, and others.

Oh! I Also had to take the first picture from a ladder. The cage is too long. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. noahboa1

noahboa1 New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry If I went a little overboard with the pictures. I just can't help myself. :)

Hope you like the cage! :)
    -Noah

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. SL11

SL11 New Member

deleted.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

ethen's 40gal. it still needs some work, ill add stuff to it later, but she loves her open space

[​IMG]

12. Dabrute

Dabrute Embryo

great tanks! I will set mine up soon and post pics!

13. vear

vear Embryo

This is my setup. She doesn't seem to like the hide on the right (warm side) She just sleeps/hides behind it. I made both the hide on the right and the one on the left with the stairs. I may have to make her another warm hide since she won't use this one!

IMG_9729E.JPG

IMG_9733E.JPG

14. spaceboy

spaceboy Well-Known Member

If I may say so, I think the reason for her not using the warm hide is that its too big and open. I adopted an ill leo, he only had one hide that looked kind of like that one but even bigger and with a bigger opening. He NEVER used it. He would crawl up the 3d background and lay by the uv-lamp that was inside the terrarium. I think that they don't feel safe if the opening is too big, they don't want to be visible during the day most often :p

15. luckycharmsone

luckycharmsone New Member

Ok so I don't have a Leo yet but I have been working my on tank set up so I know how I will want it once I have a Leo home. I don't have the food or calcium bowls in the tank in the pics but I do have them. Leo_s_tank_set_up.jpg
    Leo_s_tank_set_up_4.jpg
    Leo_s_tank_set_up_3.jpg
    Leo_s_tank_set_up_2.jpg

16. ajlista

ajlista Well-Known Member

Vear..
    I have a really big problem with your first picture
    The calculus book!

17. swizZer

swizZer New Member

And this is Elliots Viv...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He seems happy enough with it!

:p

18. mango95

mango95 New Member

Here is Leo's Tank. He is quite content sleeping in the corner since his heating pad is directly below :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. JocelynAndTwizzle

JocelynAndTwizzle New Member

DSCI0444.JPG DSCI0445.JPG

This is my almost 2 year old, leopard gecko, Twizzle's tank. Hope you guys like it :D

яowan.ω likes this.
  20. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Lol I love the "decals." Awesome looking tank, very creative! What is the think in the back right corner? Looks kind of like a cup with rocks on it? Looks very neat whatever it is :)

21. Hannimal

Hannimal New Member

Steven's terrarium 261595_140420469367202_100001977507148_268161_7941137_n.jpg 261595_140420469367202_100001977507148_268161_7941137_n.jpg 264474_140420089367240_100001977507148_268160_5849103_n.jpg

22. Cookie17

Cookie17 HOTM Winner June

Well originally my leo was gonna go in a 10 gallon... i get home from the pet store saturday to find out my sister has taken the 10 gallon screen lid. So I set up the 5.5 gallon quickly for temporary until i can get back to the LPS for a lid. Sunday i spent with family at a water park... came home and my sister was here, but she forgot the lid. UGH. So I'm looking at pictures on this forum... and began to think about how i was gonna set up the 10 gallon... (if you viewed my reply on here... it got moved, but you know my issue... "Leo tank questions") I don't know how my mom will react when she sees it but... here's the update:

BEFORE
    5.5 G temporary enclosure
    [​IMG]

AFTER:
    20 G long
    full view
    [​IMG]

left side. The pink lidded container is the humid hide
    [​IMG]

right side view
    [​IMG]

heat lamps are on the left side, food and water dish on right side. (not pictured) the rock against the wall on the right side was moved to the left side.

23. electrofelt

electrofelt Member

Hi everyone!

I figured I would add to the madness and post my gecko Marlas tank. I am still working on a new background with bamboo and leaves and all that jazz, but here it is now. She even came out to pose for the camera :)

[​IMG]

JEFFREH likes this.
  24. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Oh! What a cutie! Posing and everything :) The tank looks great! I like how you covered her moist hide in "moss" (aka, reptile carpet?) Nice!

25. lilpup

lilpup New Member

Hey folks. great tank pics. giving me some ideas for changing up my Sally's tank. i know most are against the calcium sand substrate, but she seems to love it. let me know what you think of her tank and what i could do to improve it for her. it's a large 30 Gal. tank.

Attached Files: