Posting a forum and it showed up as someone else...

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Questions' started by danyelli08, May 1, 2008.

1. danyelli08

danyelli08 New Member

I was posting a photo post, and it came up as a tiny_hendrix posting it. I then logged out, and re logged in and everything was fine. This has happened one time before to me, and i'm new on the site so i'm not sure if it happens often. I had left my computer idle with me still logged in, maybe someone hacked into my account. I'm not quite sure but i thought you all would like to know.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. lestat

lestat Moderator

There is an error in the database that sometimes causes this to happen. It's always with that account. It's not an easy problem to fix, so it hasn't been repaired yet. All I can really tell you to do at this point is keep an eye out for it, since it could happen again.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. danyelli08

danyelli08 New Member

Thank you so much. I was just a little worried. Its not a huge deal, you can't expect all sites to be perfect! :D Just about every site online has issues.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Tiny_Hendrix

Tiny_Hendrix Member

Yeah I always have to be the "lucky one" it's also been logging me in as you as well. Just always make sure you sign out before closing out the page that way when you reopen it later it doesn't have you signed in as me.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. unrealjill

unrealjill Well-Known Member

it cause you are special jess :D

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Tiny_Hendrix

Tiny_Hendrix Member

I know it hehe. Glad to see you made it back to the forums. I missed ya :D

12. unrealjill

unrealjill Well-Known Member

thanks darlin'... I'll try to catch you on MSN in the next couple of days

13. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

this started happening when someone who was supposely changing the forums did somethings. We still are not sure what it was they did and have tried various things to correct it. We will be changing out a lot of the software within the next week and are working on that, hopefully deleting what they did that has affected the site to the negative.

Sorry, we are aware of it and many other things they did and have been working to correct all of those.