punk & metal

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by conservationist, Sep 18, 2006.

1. conservationist

conservationist Member

i was just wondering if thare was anyone else on this site that likes punk and metal , or am i the only one?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. slackin

slackin Member

No you are not alone. I love a lot of different types of music but those two are at the top of my list.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Metal not so much... Punk, Totally especially old school New York like Ramones and Television, Brit stuff like Buzzcocks and the Clash and Cali Hardcore like Circle Jerks, Black Flag and Dead Kennedy's

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. severenecrovomit

severenecrovomit New Member

yeah i enjoy some good punk and metal as well.

anything jello biafra is a part of is awesome.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. xWhiteyx

xWhiteyx New Member

punk and metal are my favs
    Underoath, As I Lay Dying, Unearth, Killswitch Engage. Sysytem of a Down. Comeback Kid. Norma Jean and many many more

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. drpainphd

drpainphd Member

i like pure, un-mainstream-corrupted metal. stuff that has credibility outside of myspace.

12. papercut

papercut Member

metal all the way!

13. LewsKinslayer0

LewsKinslayer0 Well-Known Member

Metal, but the european stuff. Leaves' Eyes, Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, DragonForce, and Cruachan to name a few.

14. conservationist

conservationist Member

cool good to know im not alone. I saw a post about clasical music and just thought their should be one about a better form of music, i mean i dont have a problem with clasical but punk and metal are clearly better forms of music.

15. jimbobroy

jimbobroy New Member

Y'all dont got a chance. Bluegrass beats it hollow every time. :)

16. mthorpe

mthorpe Well-Known Member

metal all the way :)

got disturbed, opeth and tool coming up.. as well as download next year, and whatever else i can get to..

17. LewsKinslayer0

But what about Orchestral or Symphonic Metal? Thats some good music, Trans-Siberian Orchestra or Rhapsody. Both incorporate classical in with the metal.

18. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

Trans-Siberian is some good stuff. And any time I say that outloud, people that know me give me a funny look like they weren't expecting me to ever say that.
    Metal is definately the way to go in most situations. I've been getting back into it over the last couple years after shunning it for some reason. It's nice to see there are some new acts out there that can bring it. There was definately a shortage for awhile.
    Now, now. Music isn't about who's better than who. It's about expressing yourself and finding something that you personally enjoy. That's one of things I like about the true metal culture: all are welcome to enjoy it, not just the few that fit some mold. And just like any other art, it's all in the eye of the beholder. You just can't judge who's better than who on a universal basis.

19. LewsKinslayer0

My only complaint with Trans-Siberian is that they really only do christmas music and listening to them in the middle of the summer just seems wrong.

20. Nero

Nero New Member

Arch enemy, underoath, 1 dead 3 wounded, as I lay dieing, lamb of god

what is metal what is punk, its such a blured concept, there is no real punk anymore most, there is no real metal anymore its just music. The days of old of sex pistals, and motorhead are long gone.

21. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

I love punk and metal. As well as Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
    I love The Ramones, The Clash, Sex Pistols, Motorhead, System, Tool, Metallica, Lamb of God, Disturbed, etc.
    Lews, I actually know of and like Nightwish :( Cool!

22. the_dude

the_dude Embryo

punk woohoo yeah bouncing souls rancid and all them good 1s

23. LewsKinslayer0

Ash, I don't think I have met someone who knows of Nightwish and doesn't like them. I'm just hoping they find a new lead singer soon and get another album out. If you like Nightwish should take a listen to Leaves' Eyes, she is also a classically trained singer.

Also in my opinion after Call Me When Your Sober was released I would say Evanesence can almost be considered metal. The song sounds very similar to old Lacuna Coil, I like the change and many fans haven't complained about the new sound which is good.

24. Mellowman

Mellowman New Member

If Evanesences had a metal singer they would be a metal band.
    i like the older hard rock or metal depending on how you classify things. the only punk i really like is ska or surfer rock

25. slackin

slackin Member

That's what I'm talkin about. NOFX, Face to Face, the Descendents, the Vindictives, Lagwagon, just to add a few to the list.