Python or Boa?

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by conservationist, Nov 10, 2006.

1. conservationist

conservationist Member

Hey i love pythons and boas and i know you guys all have personal preferances so what do you guys like better?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Blake_Herman

Blake_Herman Well-Known Member

I just like the look of a python in general over a boa... but then again it all depends on which one of each we're talking about... I think python's heads are more attractive, but I like annie's heads as well...

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. conservationist

conservationist Member

yeah i have a hard time deciding but i think in the end i would have to go with a python.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

What types are you considering? There are a lot of boa's and a lot of pythons :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Yeah it really just depends. Like I love Burmese and Irian Jaya carpet pythons. But I absolutely adore Solomon Island ground boas :)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. burky_tc

burky_tc Member

I like pythons for the most part but I recetly fell in love with a Brazilian Rainbow Boa so I am a proud new owner of a Boa. My other 4 snakes are pythons though and most likely will keep with pythons except for when i get a mate for my Brazilian.

12. conservationist

conservationist Member

yeah brazillian rainbos are great snakes. and im not trying to decide between them i was just wondering what your thoughts were on the two.

13. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

Oh, pythons all the way then!
    Actually, I like BRB's and RTB's, but there is nothing nicer than a Carpet Python! So, yeah, pythons!!

14. conservationist

conservationist Member

yeah i love carpets too, maybe i can get one some day.

15. slackin

slackin Member

I have to go against the popular opinion here and say boa. My suriname RTB is the prettiest snake ever!

Ok so I'm a little biased.

16. petec

petec Embryo

Sorry cant say boa as they are illegal to import into Aus. So go the pythons!!!.

Pete

17. spooky326

spooky326 New Member

i would have to say python all the way for me also. i have 2 bp's right now and in the near future ( this fall) i am going to be getting a jungle carpet python if there are any for sale at the hamburg show. i also have a nic. dwarf boa and he is a peautiful snake but i have to say he has the worst attitude. everytime i go to get him out of his "home" he pulls the strike postion and sometimes open mouth hisses. im not putting off all boas cause of the nic. but i love all the pythons from the the anthill python to the burmese! thats my opinion

18. Collard

Collard Member

I agree, Python's head's are awesome, and opposed from a select few, pythons are generally more snappy it seems. My boa's love to be handled, but my GTP's are HORRIBLE!! Haha. I love pythons though...they're wonderfully beautiful snakes!! But like everyone else, my RTB is a pleasure to have, and she's one out of my 10 snakes that I would NEVER part with!! :)

19. dumerillis_1986

dumerillis_1986 Well-Known Member

I would have to say Boa's.. i like live babies.. eggs are a lot of work hah! no but really it depends. there seem to be so much more of a variety of different size, colors, Body shaped pythons than there are boas. But i do love the temperament of the boa's i have owned over my pythons. with the exception of my Ball's.

20. conny63malies

conny63malies Member

I own both eventhough the boas are just just ksb's