question for the room

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by lil_shy_aries, Sep 19, 2009.

1. lil_shy_aries

lil_shy_aries New Member

hello room,
    now these past few weeks I have been surfing reptile sites.
    now I read naw S*** now , they are breeding ball pythons, and bermese pythons. now room have any of ya'll heard of such a thing and is it actually possible.
    lets see what ya'll say
    thank you
    shy

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. BPelizabeth

BPelizabeth Embryo

I too saw that on another site!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

breeding them together?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. lil_shy_aries

lil_shy_aries New Member

yes I swear to you , its out there and I saw the baby from it. it is one weird looking snake.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Shanna66

o_O
    can you post a link or something? ive got to see this

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. lil_shy_aries

lil_shy_aries New Member

shanna
    for you lol. I will surf the stupid sites hope I find it again.
    Iknew I should have saved that site for some reason. lol
    shy

12. Shanna66

lol thanks ^.^

13. jeffg46

jeffg46 New Member

14. jeffg46

jeffg46 New Member

Went out twice..

15. lil_shy_aries

lil_shy_aries New Member

hello Jeff
    thank you so much. I have been sitting here for what 5 hours trying to find where I saw that dang thing I had it down to it being on a conadian site for sale. and I have been trying for 5 hours to find this for shanna, I knew I should have saved the site. as those two snakes are awsome there is another one out there. but Jeff thank you for doing my work and Im so happy I could kiss ya . but that leads to p***ed off girl friends and sexual harrasment. so dont take offense by that one. but at least you showed that I have not lost it mentally. these days if your not in your teens or thirties you kind of need asurance every now and again lol.
    thanks ya'll.
    shy

Jeff how did you find this so easily. I know I'm commuter illiterate. but you one evening vs me 5 hours searching and doing my poor lap top to hot from working so hard lol. can ya give me a idea lol. thanks
    shy

16. jeffg46

jeffg46 New Member

You got lucky on two counts. I had just gotten into my hotel room in Tokyo (Narita actually) and was awake enough and on line when I saw your post, and I had just seen the video I linked to posted on another forum.

It was actually a little eery, since when I saw your post I had just watched the video. The power of the internet, for sure, but what are the odds of it all happening just when it did? Had I by chance come here first, I would have had no idea what you were talking about.

Anyway, glad I could help.

Jeff

17. Shanna66

those eggs must have hurt if the bp was the female
    very pretty snake, but im not sure on how i feel about this since the parents are such different sizes. i wonder how big it will get. if it gets just a few ft smaller than a burm i may have to look into them lol

@jeffg46 and lil_shy_aries

weird, and good timing on both your parts lol. the internet is just a place tof good timing it seems :(

18. jeffg46

jeffg46 New Member

My guess is the sizes will be as varied as the potential color schemes. Anything ranging from full burm color and size to that of a BP. Until there are more of them, and they have a chance to fully mature, nobody could know for sure. Hybrid genetics are a guessing game, as just because you get one thing doesn't mean something else couldn't have also happened. It will be interesting to see what comes out when breeding the hybrid mix to another of the same mix, to see what the "pure" version looks like. It also open the possibility of BP hybrids in Burm size. Imagine a Burm sized bee, or pied?

All might be possibilities, or not. That's what lures people into breeding. In any event, it will take many years and generations (of snakes) to find out.

Jeff

19. burmballdragon

burmballdragon Embryo

check on youtube search for burmball theres only like 2 vids and the person i get my pets from says he has a friend that has bred them together before

20. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

If those 2 snakes were my pets I'm pretty sure I would be scared for the little balls life b/c I would think the burm would eat him! Sheesh!

I don't know about 'playing god' and mixing species... I dunno, there's something just not right about putting two things together that wouldn't ever come together in the wild.... I couple years back I went to a reptile expo and a breeder bred a crested with a chahoua.... I was so pissed b/c even though these two species live on the same island there has NEVER been evidence that they have mated... to me that's just wrong. But then again people are going to do what they want and that's just my opinion...

21. crissybac

crissybac Embryo

You know what really scares me about this is how many will be sold randomly to unsuspecting owners again as balls. I hope they do not get as big as Burmese. Beautiful snake though. Awesome color and markings.

I get so upset when I see burmese being sold at flea markets as ball pythons. I know that one day they will be dropped off in the woods. Terrible.