Question on feeding baby corn snake?

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by SuperTurkey, Jan 16, 2005.

1. SuperTurkey

SuperTurkey Embryo

i am getting a snow corn next week and i was jus wondering how often i have to feed him. cus ive been looking around and some say once a month and some say twice a week and i am personally VERY confused :(
    so if any one can help nme PLEASE do!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. tellydsp

tellydsp New Member

most things i've read say wait a couple days once you get them home to let them settle in, then feed every 5-7 days. I feed mine weekly, usually every thursday evening. Then i leave her alone for 2 days to let her digest. Everyone has different styles, but I havent heard of monthly or bi-weekly. Most times it's generally weekly. sometimes they may be picky at first and they can go wuite a while without eating, so there's no reason to be concerned if that is the case, but I would recommend offering food weekly.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. SuperTurkey

SuperTurkey Embryo

okey doke, thank you so i will jus set a day out of the week. also to feed them i jus but him in a dark box or somthing?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Camo-Flage

Camo-Flage Embryo

tellydsp . so you feed it like one thing weekly? ive herd they mostly eat anols. is that also true

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. tellydsp

tellydsp New Member

I feed mine in a sterilite container so they dont associate things entering their tank with food. I place the F/T pinkie in the container, wash my hands, then introduce the snake into the container. Eventually, I may use feeding tongs, but for now this works. I used it for my BP on her first feed and it worked personally. I place the snakes nosenear the food so they catch the scent. After they're done eating, I leave them in the container for a few minutes, then place the container in the tank so they can leave the feeding container and go to a hide. Then I remove the feeding container in a while.
    edit: I put a pic with the feeding container in it at the bottom of the thread. It's the clear container with the blue lid on the top of the bottom tank. $ .99 at Target.
    I feed my corn a pinkie(sometimes two depending on their size) once a week. And my PB ate a fuzzy for her first meal, I'll probably bump up a size or swap to baby rats soon.

Some advice on feeding. I found my that my baby corn would not eat the first F/T pinkie I offered her. SHe ate live when I got her, and gave her two weeks of live for her first meals home so it would be some what "normal" for her. She refused F/T pinkies, so I relized it was in my preperation. I was initially dropping the pinkie into a cup of hot water and it was making the pinkie soggy and rinsing the scent off of it. Next I tried putting the pinkie in a bag then putting it in a cup of hot water so the scent wouldnt wash off. THe first attempt with this, she struck it right away. This technique has worked for both of my snakes, and I'll continue to do it this way.

Please clarify. Are you talking about anoles?

[​IMG]