R.I.P Steve Irwin :'(

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by ludothegreat, Sep 4, 2006.

1. HK_JJ

HK_JJ New Member

RE: R.I.P Steve Irwin :

Thanks for giving more people the better understanding of these creatures we love...... R.I.P Steve

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Herp_123

Herp_123 New Member

Steve Irwin was a wonderful man, a brilliant zoologist, and conservationist. He accomplished more in 44 years than what most of us will accomplish in our lives. This is excellent proof that the good die young.

Good-bye Steve Irwin “Crocs Rule”

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lovemylizards

lovemylizards Member

yes, "only the good die young"... i am a strong believer in that saying... i just hate that it has to be good people... but im so glad he lived a life full of what he absolutely loved... and all of my sympathy to his family.. i cannot imagine what they are going through... i am even still in complete shock... i have only felt the way i do twice before, 9/11 and when a good friend died... and my sympathy to everyone that lost a true hero...

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. kephy

kephy Moderator

There was a tribute on Animal Planet a few hours ago and I missed it. Does anyone know when it will air again?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. kephy

kephy Moderator

Nevermind, I think it's still going on right now. It's a type of marathon with various clips of significance from his shows. Like a video collage of his life and work, pretty nice. I hope everyone's catching it.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. lovemylizards

lovemylizards Member

been watching it since i got home from work... what a great man

12. CrimsonRegret818

CrimsonRegret818 Member

It was my dream to meet this guy. I had it all planned out for my senior trip. I've been crying since I found out last night =[.

He was one of the best men alive. I will NEVER get rid of my Steve Irwin action figure and remote control jeep.

RIP Steve Irwin

My hero

13. goldanole

goldanole New Member

I always wanted to meet this guy too guess I'll never will.
    It's so very sad I felt like I was gonna cry such a passionate animal lover he was very geninune about what he stood up for and most of all he did it all for the love and compassion of animals instead of doing it to put money in his pocket.
    R.I.P. Steve Irwin I will deerly miss you

anything I can do to help your family through this testing time I will do my best to try.

14. toroca

toroca New Member

A friend of mine summed up my feelings best, I think.

"Steve Irwin was a great man. He was special; there was only one of him, and the world is poorer today without him."

15. camaro98

camaro98 Embryo

RIP Steve Irwin you will never be forgotten!

unbelievable animal lover and a great man... RIP

"crikey" :)

16. herpluver

herpluver New Member

I was in.......and still am in total shock. He was my hero and my sons hero. My son will watch the show and mimic things Steve does and says. We have DVDs of the specials he did, the movie, my son has almost all the action figures, a beach towel, even a light switch cover. He will be terribly missed in this house.

Crocs Rule :cry:

17. reako45

reako45 Member

The world of herpetology has lost a great man. We were as blessed as the creatures that he loved so much to have had him w/ us. My prayers go out to his wife and children.

reako45

18. BigZ3788

BigZ3788 Well-Known Member

I cant beleive this, I loved this guy, he was soo cool! I was always glad to see someone on tv who was excited and intrigued by reptiles as well as all animals as I am. Im just so bummed and its hard to describe, im sure everyone knows how im feeling. I thought this man was almost invinsible but... rest in peace you crazy ausie!

19. lewis_lizard14

lewis_lizard14 New Member

i was like his biggest fan. he was my hero. ever i got loadsa dvds and everything i cant belive he died he was my inspiration to start collecting reptiles and ampibians what a legend anyway r.i.p steve irwin you are stilll remembered by me and millions of others. :) :cry:
    CROCS RULE !!!!

20. MaroonPython

MaroonPython New Member

What a sad day. he was my childhood icon. Such a shame it had to happen. And moon jelly, its true what you said about the fish.

21. whoppery5k

whoppery5k Embryo

goodbye steve :) he was great man who will live in the hearts of many for many years to come. A great loss to both reptiles and men alike. I only wish he could have been around when my child is born. I will be sure she know what a great man he was and what he did for the world of animals and humans alike.
    RIP steve irwin. May god look after you know in the way you looked after others. x x x x x x

22. FLBlue

FLBlue Member

Thank you Steve for educating the world about reptiles and what really awesome creatures they are. you were the real thing, not some showman just in it for shock value. you will be missed you crazy Aussie.

23. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

You know the greatest thing about Steve Irwin (in my opinion) would be that he touched EVERYONE no matter what age, sex, color, animal lover or not, they were touched by him. I am sitting here at my desk overhearing co-workers talk at first about how crazy the way he passed was and then anicdotes from him shows and then from how they used to watch his earlier shows and how they still love to watch his shows with their kids now. How they are saying that that is one of the only programs that they truely enjoy watching with their children because of the content, the entertainment, and of course the education.

He is world renoun and you would be hard pressed to find someone who has not at least heard of the "crocodile hunter." He has helped millions to see more wildlife in one program than they maybe would have seen in years if not a whole lifetime.
    It is terrible the way he died, crazy even that it wasnt one of the "deadliest" that he was filming but a stingray that just got spooked. I guess trajedy's happen and its all that you do in your life that matters and he has done so much for the world in his time here. Thank you Steve, you will never be forgotten, not by your fans and your dreams will live on with your family.

24. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

25. Krepoort

Krepoort Member

Regrettably, I was never a huge fan of Steve. I remember seeing some shows of his when I was younger, but I always thought he just had a lot of "tv enthusiasm" so it eventually just turned me off. I caught a couple of the shows on Animal Planet last night and I realize now that the enthusiasm he had was genuine because he was so passionate about his animals and his family. There was a clip where he was getting all choked up talking about one day passing on his legacy onto his kids and how that will be the proudest moment of his life.. :) He will be missed..