1. natashaccollins

natashaccollins Member

A friend of mine has just started to breed rats for their snakes. They want to beable to kill and freeze them to try and save money but they don't know the quickest way of killing them so have asked me to write this post and ask any of you if you know how. Can anyone tell me????

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Whyte_Locust

Whyte_Locust Embryo

From what I've heard, whacking them over the head with a large blunt object is quite efficient.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

I've seen these lil gas chambers at reptile shows that are used for euthenizing mice, but I'm not sure if they'd be big enough for a rat (although it would obviously depend on the size of the rat). They use Co2 canisters, the same kind in air pistols, and one canister is good for 2 uses in the smaller chambers.

Like I said, I've not seen one that would be big enough for an adult rat, but you might be able to build something up. You'd just have to ensure whatever you made was air-tight.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. froggystyle34

froggystyle34 New Member

hold like a butter knife to the back of there head putting pressure on the back of there neck, then pull briskly at the tail and it will snap there spine and kill them instantly.

good luck

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. nathanjburt

nathanjburt New Member

They can let me kill them :)