Recent Things

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by lizardgurl87, Apr 23, 2012.

1. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

So, I've been meaning to get pics from a few events on here lately, but am just getting around to it and I'll try to narrow it down-but I'm also showing some BP's that I liked at the show for opinions.
    First the Reptile show from last week:
    [​IMG]
    It's more then just reptiles-all exotic animals and hedgehogs are pokey! :p
    [​IMG]
    Nice blue-tongued skink they had out
    [​IMG]
    I giant gecko-they're always so intresting and they always have a stand for them, though they're all a few thousand $
    [​IMG]
    If I get a gecko to breed with Izo(who I'm pretty sure is Female)I would like to get a lavender
    [​IMG]
    The red-tailed boa I was holding
    [​IMG]
    This is the stand with the RTboas, all ghost morphs I guess
    Now the BP's:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]I held this guy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]I really started liking the Mojaves and Pastels...
    [​IMG]I completely love this guy-too bad of price though
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]I always love the axanthic's too

Then some other things-[​IMG]Gray tree frog, Haze, has been doing great! :) Eating whenever allowed lol
    [​IMG]
    Found Izo on her (fake)cactus the other day-being silly :D
    [​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

wow! you weren't kidding when you said the shows there are small! It looks like there is still a good variety of animals there to look at! I especially like the Leachianus gecko!

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Louie

Louie Member

Great pics the prices were not bad.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. dogking

I actually thought the prices were kinda steep! That $145 pastel didn't even look that good to me! Although, the Axanthincs and the mojave had an alright price...

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

I WANT RIGHT NOW!!!! Why did you not buy her for me?????? :( I thought we were friends :(

Lol jk, oh my goodness too adorable, I would love to get one but I've never seen them at any animal show here :( Too adorable! :love:

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. lizardgurl87

Thanks everyone! The prices do vary from breeder to breeder and there is a pretty good selection for that small show-it's just put on in a rented hall. It still has everything needed and really good prices on feeders always too! :)
    I was surprised that the hedgehogs were there! Last time there was some chinchillas though too :p I've seen them at petshops before sometimes...and they are just adorable!!! they had a baby(younger then the one in the pic-I don't think he was full grown either)that was soo little!!! :love: Too bad I didn't get a pic of it, but they were scared form the people and everything-I didn't actually hold one, I touched one and it was pokey like I said lol-maybe next time I'll try.
    Also is the "giant gecko" really a Leachianus gecko then? I once found someone online that kept them and they told me what the real name is, but I forgot lol-they're from some South American country if I remember right? I haven't held one in the times I've been there, but they have had them out and I'd like to-they seem so chill and calm! :cool:

12. ajlista

ajlista Well-Known Member

D: why would they call that ball python a yellow belly, im sure he is a very brave snake.
    Nice pictures that hedgehog is tooooo cutteee, lol.

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  13. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

The giant gecko is in the Rhacodactylus family - a species of geckos from New Caledonia which is a set of small islands off the cost of Australia (north of New Zealand). Their scientific name is rhacodactylus leachianus or Leachies for short. They're a very expensive and slightly more advanced gecko to care for. They really are adorable though. Some males can be pretty territorial but some are very tame and friendly.

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  14. lizardgurl87

Thanks Stiky! :) That's what it was referred to before as too-a New Caladonia Gecko and for short it's rhacs? or something lol-I'm pretty sure I remember hearing gargoyles and cresties are also part of or related to that "family" of geckos too. I wasn't really planning on getting one any time soon, but one day they would be nice-they're pretty cool!

15. dogking

you are correct! Gargs, Cresties, New Caladonia Giants, and Chahuas(I don't know if I spelled that right) are all in the Rhacodactylus family! I love how they look like old wrinkly dinosaurs!

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  16. lizardgurl87

YaY! I'm learning more reptile stuff! :D It's always interesting and lol-that is what they look like! :p