Recovering from impaction/blockage

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by dawn989, Oct 26, 2005.

1. dawn989

dawn989 New Member

Bono, BD approx. 8 mos., is a very greedy eater. Especially when it comes to crickets and mealworms. I got him at approx. 2 mo. He is healthy, sheds on a regular basis. I thought giving him bigger crickets might satisfy his hunger. He was enjoying them just fine until my son accidently spilled the crickets and he ate way too many. Over the next days he started dragging his belly and his legs were extended not holding his weight as usual. I suspected he maybe impacted. I gave him warm baths for a day and he passed what was blocking him up. Now its been a week and while he is back to being his happy self he is walking kind of clumsy (he looks thinner to me). I have cut back on the meat in his diet and have slowly reintroduced small mealworms. He is not crazy about greens at all even tho he always have a bowl full available. Any suggestions on his clumsy gait or when I should go back to crickets (large or small). I've read on this site its ok to give crickets the size of the space between his eyes - so large ones should be fine. Any response or ideas would be appreciated. To my surprise I've really gotten attached to Bono! Thanks for any input. Dawn[/img]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Welcome to the Forums! I assume that Bono is a Bearded Dragon??? You would be better off posting in the proper forum!! :D

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. dawn989

dawn989 New Member

I noticed that! I copied my question into the proper forum and got a response already. I'll catch on ..... hopefully.