Red Iguana with cage for sale

Discussion in 'Reptile Classifieds' started by Kayla Johnson, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Missblueyes1977

Missblueyes1977 Embryo

I know this post is from almost two years ago, did you find a home for the Iguana?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Kayla Johnson

Kayla Johnson New Member

Yes, it has been rehomed to a wonderful older lady with experience with angry iguanas LOL Turned out it was a female and gravid, she laid a bunch of eggs 2 days after being in a new home. Thank you for the interest!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Missblueyes1977

Missblueyes1977 Embryo

That is GREAT!!!! No wonder she was a little touchy. We just got one (a female) and she is not yet a year. What kind of things do you look for when they are going to have eggs? Do they still lay eggs if there is no male present?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Kayla Johnson

Kayla Johnson New Member

I'm the wrong person to ask on what to look for honestly. Iguanas are far from my specialty. I only took that one in because I felt sorry for the way it was being kept and no one wanted it at the time. I've got the touch to bring just about anything back from the brink of death apparently. Anyway, yes, they do lay eggs even with no male around, they just aren't fertile of course and have to be removed. She was noticeably carrying extra weight in the belly, but I was told it was a male and never even considered the fact that it may be female so I thought it was just putting on weight from the recent increase in appetite and warmer weather. Lesson learned!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Gator5774

Gator5774 Embryo

Beautiful Red Iguana! Nice size too! My Two green iguanas are about 10 inches nose to base of tail!