Remembering Benji

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by PennyLane, Feb 19, 2012.

1. PennyLane

PennyLane New Member

Benji was my very first snake. I wanted a snake for a while so we went into a petstore to look around. I first noticed a larger okatee snake, I asked questions to the person working there about him, and she told me he was very agressive. She then pointed to a very tiny baby snake, and that was Benji. That was January 21, 2010.

I held him for awhile and decided we would bring him home with us. He was a great snake, very tame and he was the one who made me want another.

Anyway we had set him up in his tank that day and everything was great. On February 6th 2011, we got a new tank for him. He found a spacing in the top and escaped. After 2 weeks of searching, we went back to the petstore and I brought home the okatee snake, who I named Diesel. He turned out to be the sweetest snake.

Then on May 5th, my dad found him hiding under a spacing underneath his fish tank. We set him up in a little exo-terra and let him settle down. I then tried to feed him as we was very skinny. He ate find, ended up throwing it up soon after. I had him for 10 days before he passed.

I will always feel like it was meant for me to have Diesel, and to have little Benji in my home aswell. It was just a sign. I'm so grateful that I was able to have Benji back with me for those last few days and not have to wonder where he is or how he was every day.

He will always be my heart snake. RIP Benji.

?/?/2009 - 5/15/2010

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Karlee

Karlee Member

He was a beautiful snake and I am sorry for your loss. I am glad you found Benji before he died. When I lost Kiki I looked for a week or two straight until we finally found her dead on the side walk :(. It looked like some one ran over her on their bike, probably kids who thought it would be cool :mad:. We buried her by our peach tree which she loved to climb. Did you bury Benji? Even if you didn't I am sure he is happy up in heaven :).
    R.I.P. Benji, the best snake in the WORLD

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. PennyLane

PennyLane New Member

I'm sorry about Kiki, that's horrible. :( And thank you, yes we did bury him.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Karlee

Karlee Member

Its alright, she was a good lizard. And by the way, I love the name Benji :D.