reptile cams

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Questions' started by jordondavey161, Dec 28, 2007.

1. jordondavey161

jordondavey161 New Member

i think you should put a reptilecams on it so we can watch live cams of reptiles that you or people have....

and maybe make a page learning on how to look after them step by step giudes

the other day i though this site had been deleted as i couldnot get on it i love this site

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Webcams would just take up too much bandwidth, the site is already running a bandwidth bill of almost $400 (£200) a month, however there are various live cams set up on the web anyway.

The site had not been deleted there were just some technical issues, but the site is all up and running and will continue as normal now. I'm glad you like the site :wink:

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Liquid_Squelch

Liquid_Squelch New Member

Not to say that the webcams needed to be hosted by Reptile Rooms..
    But more of a webpage with JPEG Thumbnails with hyperlinks to the actual webcams themselves.
    That would put next to no additional bandwidth on the site.. (well, except for loading a few jpeg thumbnails for each hyperlink)
    - I was just using the jpegs as an example.. make the webcam link page look like a gallery page!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. shrap

shrap ReptileBoards Addict

As with any other request for a new forum, if there is enough demand to warrant it we would. But we are not going to set up a new forum just for a handful of people to post a link to their web cam. They already have the general section to do that as well as their sig area.

Now if there were literally dozens of people setting up reptile web cams then it might warrant its own forum. So with that being said, who here has a reptile web cam set up and running 24/7? Post your links here. And yes they have to be up and running 24/7. Otherwise whats the point if the reptile cam it is not running except an hour or two a day? If we get enough legit reptile cams I will set up a web cam forum.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. shrap

shrap ReptileBoards Addict

Not a single reptile cam? Zip? Zero? No one? Nada? Niente?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Liquid_Squelch

Liquid_Squelch New Member

I was going to setup a Repti-cam (ok 3 of them), but I couldn't justify it.. or at least not yet..
    I have 3 cameras that I picked up from $10 to $20 each, and I was going to use those..

But, That would require running another PC full time, and even worse, my cages aren't next to each other. So, I'd have to get like a 15' to 20' USB extension cable for each camera.. Making IP Cams a better choice, but a more expensive option...

Now, 1 cam, is easier.. but if I"m going to to do it, I'm going BIG :p