reptiles?

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by jacob #kswag, Nov 21, 2011.

1. jacob #kswag

jacob #kswag New Member

whats your fav. reptile and why? any picture post them!

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

Wow--well I have a lot! lol, and I'd have to say the one's I own already :)
    Anoles(mine is Rhubarb):[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Those are both of mine-I wish I had a few of him with his dewlap out like this:
    [​IMG]
    Well-I like Leo's-this is mine(Izo):[​IMG]
    He/she's(don't know gender yet lol)a Mack Snow morph, but my fave morph's are Lavender's:
    [​IMG]

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lizardgurl87

Uhm..I love snakes! I want one(and hopefully I'll get one soon!)but, here's one I saw at a reptile show that's just amazing![​IMG]
    It's a Mandarin Rat Snake-I would get one, but I looked them up and they can secrete a musk(which you don't want lol)and they aren't that friendly :/
    I also love Emerald Tree Boa's and hope to get one someday-but, they're not really beginner snakes lol :p[​IMG]
    and-Chameleans, I hope to get some one day-but, they need a ventilated cage and high humidity, it gets pretty cold here and it's hard enough keeping up high humidity and warmth in a normal cage...
    [​IMG]
    I love every reptile still and I know you only asked for one fave-but,there's so many-I had to do a few! :D
    That's also why I had to past this in 2 seperate one's-cause there were so many :p

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. geckolover22

geckolover22 Well-Known Member

i love all of them! :D it's hard to choose between crestie and leo tho...
    lily my crestie is amazingly sweet and love her personality and how cresties hunt crickets lol
    DSC01806.JPG
    alligator lizards also appeal to me can make great hardy pets if cared for properly my baby snaps~
    DSC02150.JPG

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. lizardgurl87

Aww! I love cresties too :) They always look soo cute! and did you catch snaps? he's real cool looking xD can you handle him or not? I've heard they're fast.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. geckolover22

yup snaps is wildcaught caught him running through my house he's skittish and bites but has calmed down considerably since I've caught him. really awesome lizards I've caught adult alligator lizards and they are pretty laid back can handle them without aggression

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  12. lizardgurl87

That's awesome!!! I wish I would find things like that in my house..lol we just find bugs. Where in Cali do you live(like northern or southern or by beaches or mountains?) I never knew there were lizards running around there like that! I always thought that was more Florida and dry,desert places(Texas,Nevada,etc.). We do find a lot of frogs around here though,but not in the winter :/(which is coming up >.<)

13. lizardgurl87

lol, just realised you said on the other post that your in southern cali :p

14. jacob #kswag

jacob #kswag New Member

http://jbscresties.com/bananasfoster.jpg this is the crested gecko i want let me know what you guys think of the breeder the animal the price let me know if you guys think i should buy from her also those are awesome liazardgulr&geckolover hhahaha i all most cought a lizard in florida it was sitting in my shoe!! :(

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  15. geckolover22

what a cutie! :D seems to me as reasonable pricing too my baby sprinkles was around 30 dollars or so flames being a lil higher priced they change considerably in time tho
    sprikles the day i got him
    DSC01650.JPG
    more up to date pic
    DSC02164.JPG

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  16. lizardgurl87

That crestie looks awesome! and reasonable price-does that include shipping? Did you convince your mom to let you get it? and that's cool that the lizard was in your shoe lol :D too bad you didn't catch it, but it's still cool!

17. jacob #kswag

jacob #kswag New Member

my moms still telling me i wount get one but last night i heard my mom telling my dad "he really want one and i think hes ready" sooo i think thats a yes also the breeder is 30 min away so the breeder said we can drive and meet er some were so we dont have to get shipping ! :) i just hope he isent gone by the time i get all the stuff

18. jacob #kswag

jacob #kswag New Member

and i would of felt bad taking the lizard thay was in my shoe ecause i would have no cage to put him in and he would of ben in a jar for like 3 days

19. geckolover22

haha that's awesome! and great price :D

20. lizardgurl87

That's cool that your mom will prob let you get one! and even better that the breeder is so close! :) and with the lizard-ya, it's never the best idea to keep one as a pet from the wild-depending on the species and all-if I get something like that, I usually have a spare tank laying around that I'll put it in for a little bit to look at. :p
    and also-you could prob even put a "down-payment" on the crestie to have it reserved

21. Eme Demiri

Eme Demiri Member

My favorite would be a Chinese water dragon. They are so personable and you can get really creative with the enclosures

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  22. lizardgurl87

They're awesome too! I'm deciding between getting either a chinese water dragon or beardie in the future...but, I would love both lol :p I'm still getting a snake first

Eme Demiri and geckolover22 like this.
  23. geckolover22

what kinda snake are you gonna go for first?

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  24. jacob #kswag

jacob #kswag New Member

i cant because my mom thinks im not going to get one.. and the breeder only takes full payment... i told my mom that if i get a geck for christmassss i wan the cage and bowls and i buy decoration and gecko

25. jacob #kswag

jacob #kswag New Member

ohhh since there water dragons do they blow water insted of fire??? thats cool!!!! lol jkjkjkjk