Rescued a Pair of Juvenile Tokay Geckos

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by tokaygrl, Mar 29, 2009.

1. tokaygrl

tokaygrl Embryo

Hi,

I have owned a green iguana before, but have no experience with geckos. I've done some research on Tokay Geckos, and nothing seems to fit why my female (Sindragosa) is not eating. The male is fine, and eating very well, even though he must have gone through a horrible shed (the former owners were only misting the tank once a week and the humidity was only 20% :)) They were not given calcium supplements of any kind as well. I have begun giving them gut fed crickets (which they weren't getting) and dusting them with calcium powder. There doesn't appear to be any signs of mite infestation. They both are supposedly captive bred, but I doubt that the female is as she is VERY aggressive. Their vents, eyes and nostrils are clear. I'm worried that she may have ingested some of the bark that used to be in the tank(oh, and the cage hadn't been cleaned in 2 months before I got them!). I am going to be taking them to the vet as soon as I have a day off work. However, until then, what are the signs of impaction in a Tokay Gecko? What is the normal appearance of their feces, and if they spit up food, what would it look like?

Thank you

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. brendywendy

brendywendy Well-Known Member

possibly stressed out, due to the moving, new home etc
    should be left alone as much as possible after a move like that to settle in
    also to be considered is that males and females will breed, which is also a stressful situation for her, especially if the male is pestering her constantly, mating can be rough too.
    or she could already be pregnant.
    you also have to consider if you are ready for eggs and babys everywhere!