RIDICULOUS "Snake Slayer"

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by rugbyman2000, Dec 15, 2007.

1. rugbyman2000

rugbyman2000 New Member

Came across this ad today while reading a gun magazine. Apparently if you are a fisherman it is in your best interest to carry a special "snake gun" for those ferocious snakes that jump in the boat and bite you just for the fun of it.

However, I found a major design flaw with this product:
    Once the snake has jumped into your boat to get you, you're going to sink your boat if you shoot it. Then the rest of the snakes in the area may smell blood in the water and come to eat you, and steal your fish, and probably your gun as well.

[​IMG]

It is hard to believe I have spent so many years of my life fishing, completely unarmed, and I still live to talk about it!

Has anyone ever seen a dumber reptile ad?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. MikeDr0

MikeDr0 New Member

Ive actually seen this ad a while ago i thought it was pretty useless

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. fpc40

fpc40 New Member

lol, thats so sad.
    that company just ran out of ideas sow it invented a sollution to a problem that doesn't exist.
    at the same time it is creating a new problem cuze the morons who would buy this would be like
    "i can't wait to try it on a real snake"
    :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. stevenp801

stevenp801 New Member

i carry a gun on me when i am fishing only off the bank though the ony reason they are calling it a snake slayer is because alot of people have been bittin by rattle snake's or triped over a rock and hit there head after bein scared off bye the rattle snake i know it sound's bad but i woulde rather try to scare it off or go back if i coulde but if i cant then i woulde shoot the snake

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. fpc40

fpc40 New Member

wel i get that, but im still against the ad because is encourages people to shootsnakes while when you go fishing most of the time you go to nature and the snakes enviremont. and i think about that you chould respect nature when you visit it witch is exactley what fishing is supposed to be. not killing everything thats arround, i can see why people would carry guns for how you discribed but i think the mentality of the addvertisement is just wrong cuze it teatches people to shoot snakes rather than avoiding them

apolegies if i offenced someone before and sorry for anny spelling- or gammermistakes in this text