Ringneck Snakes

Discussion in 'Florida Reptile Nuts' started by vondondeigo, Feb 7, 2006.

1. vondondeigo

vondondeigo Embryo

I am not actually from Florida so i feel like im intruding, but here goes. I was wondering if any of you could sell and ship a ringneck snake to me, or if you know of anyone who could. I live all the way out in Arizona so thats where it gets kind of tricky. A guy from Florida did say that he could get one to me for $60.00, but that seems a little steep for a snake like that.

Thanks for your time.
    -Von

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. ssscales

ssscales Member

$60.00...that's crazy!
    These things are all over my yard.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. LMarshall

LMarshall New Member

shipping 60 dollars and snake free? mayhap

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. ssscales

ssscales Member

Shipping may cost $30-$35 and shipping materials even if they over priced it, it would be $5.00.

I can't imagine putting a price on a ringneck snake. I would feel almost bad shipping this WC snake, let alone charge someone for it.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. LMarshall

LMarshall New Member

seems like ring necks can be found in most areas of the lower 48?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. ssscales

ssscales Member

I don't know about that, but I do know I find 1-2-3 every time I work on my yard. I just move them elsewhere in the garden, they are pretty little snakes. They are just real common here in FL.

12. eatinmachine

eatinmachine Embryo

Where?

ME and my family are going to Florida for about 5 days and all I usually catch are lizards. ! time we saw a snake but I was sleeping. Where do you usually find them? We are staying on a golf course but where coud I head to find some. Near Del ray beach.

13. ssscales

ssscales Member

RE: Where?

Here in South FL they are in everyones backyard, under rocks, logs, boards, etc. You may not find them at the beach laying in the sand, but search near fresh water.

The best way to search for snakes here is to lay a few old boards in select places. Check back in 1-2-3 weeks and you'll find some snake under it! Any place you see lots of debry laying around, you'll probably find a snake here.

14. eatinmachine

eatinmachine Embryo

My only problem with the boards is I only have a few days. Are there snakes out in the winter? Because that is when I am going.

15. lilalex0145

lilalex0145 Embryo

i have about 857349875438574357347 of themm... hehe [= i catch them everydayy =]]

16. big_chuck

big_chuck New Member

i get the same ring neck out of my pond once a month, lol. They are small guys. To find any thing look under rocks, logs, and debis just be carful.

17. WTFbbqSnake

WTFbbqSnake Member

Lol Ring-Necked snakes. It's almost a joke to sell those. Love em but in most places they're thick on the ground.

18. ssscales

ssscales Member

That's what I thought when I found out some people were actually selling and buying these for $30-$60. Crazy! I find 2-3 of them every time I work on my backyard.