RIP Snoopy

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by CrimsonRegret818, Jan 30, 2007.

1. CrimsonRegret818

CrimsonRegret818 Member

My cousin in Hershey has a slight mental disability, and this was practically her therapy dog. Snoopy was a happy female Maltese, who came straight out of South Africa 10 years ago as a puppy with her owners, Nick and Annemarie, Corne` (Cor-nay) Hennie, Annalise, and a puppy from one of her litters, 4 year old Waggles.

On Friday night, Nick and Annemarie discovered that Snoopy was limping, not eating, and lethargic. Worried, they rushed her to the animal emergency room, and they immediately started tests. They discovered that she had come down with a sudden and serious case of Limes Disease, which is extremely rare this cold time of year. On Saturday-Monday things were looking up for Snoopy. She was eating well and getting more energy.

Unfortunately, this morning things got much worse all of a sudden. Just a few hours ago, they were giving her more blood, and had her hooked up to an IV. However, it was not enough, and they have decided to send Snoopy home to the Steyns for her to pass on in their home. She should be gone by morning.

Going to my cousin's will not be the same, and I'm worried at how Corne` will cope with loosing Snoopy, especially with her slight disablitly.

RIP Snoopy, I loved seeing you when I came to visit. 3 weeks from now, your house will seem to quiet when I come to see your family.

Love you

[​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. plmarsg8

plmarsg8 Well-Known Member

Im so sorry for that
    RIP Snoopy

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. corey

corey Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear. R.I.P. Snoopy

Corey

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Fiche

Fiche GOTM Winner

I'm sorry to hear about the loss. I hope that your cousin/family is able to cope with the loss. Maybe with time they'll find another maltie that can warm their hearts.

RIP Snoopy.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. punkrck1013

punkrck1013 Member

Aww, I am sorry to hear that, Snoopy seems like such an adorable dog. RIP

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Aww, i am really sorry about your loss. Im sure Snoopy is up there saying thanks for the great life she had. RIP Snoopy

12. beardie_donkin

beardie_donkin New Member

R.I.P. SNOOPY WILL BE REMEBER LIKE HE WAS A CELEB R.I.P

13. CrimsonRegret818

CrimsonRegret818 Member

It has just been announced that Snoopy's 4 year old daughter, Waggles, also has limes disease :[ They have her on a strict regimen of meds, but please keep her in your prayers.

14. punkrck1013

punkrck1013 Member

Will do, sorry to hear it, I really hope she makes it through.

15. plmarsg8

plmarsg8 Well-Known Member

It must be tough on you. Im sorry.

16. SamAndLindy

SamAndLindy Member

17. RobertII

RobertII Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss.

Robert