RTB vs Hogg

Discussion in 'Boas' started by Crazy4Herps, Jun 1, 2009.

?

Which one?

1. Hogg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. *

RTB

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Crazy4Herps

Crazy4Herps Hooked on Reptiles

Please comment/explain. :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. ssscales

ssscales Member

All depends which you prefer and want, both are nice snakes. The Hog is smaller, ranging in 5-6ft, ranges in color from orange to pale gray, just a nice snake. Husbandry for both are similar. It just comes down to which you prefer. If all you want is a pet snake, I'd go for the Hog just because it's different. I've got roughly 100 Boas of all types of morphs, colors, patterns, and I have one 8-9yr old Hog female and love her to death!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. VinnyD

VinnyD New Member

I agree with ssscales... I perfer 'true' Redtail Boa's... I have 2 Suriname Bcc's and imo, they are the most amazing snake's i have ever owned and i have had just about everyting from Cobra's to Garter Snake's lol.. I posted 2 threads with pic's of my Suri's, but i will post a couple here.. IMO you can not beat the true beauty of a nice Bcc.. But Hog Isle Boa's are very pretty, and they stay much smaller than Bcc...

Male... Pokigron, Suriname Bcc-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

female.. Belknap 'line' Suriname Bcc-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you like them.. Are you planning on getting either a Hog Isl Boa Bci or a Common Boa Bci or a 'true' Redtail Boa Bcc?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Crazy4Herps

Wow!! Those are incredible!!

At the moment I don't have room for a boa, but within the next year or two I definitely want one of these guys. Yeah, if I weren't to get a Hogg I'd look for a true red tail.

So... the 'true' red tails are BCCs and the Columbians are BCIs? I have heard so many things about which boas are BCCs and BCIs.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. VinnyD

VinnyD New Member

Well Bcc's have the widest range of Bos Constrictor ssp's.. You can find Bcc and Bci in Colombia, but Colombian Bcc are fairly rare now a days.. Bcc's can be found in.. Suriname, Brazil, Guyana, French Guiana,Trinadad, Venezuala, Colombia, And Peru.. Their is many differences between both species becides color, pattern, head shape and size Bcc's usually get much bigger.. Here is a link that you should enjoy reading :blink:

If you go the bottom of the page teir will be the different countries, and it tell's you about the Boa's from those area's..And on the Suriname page which the link takes you to, at the top you will see >>>POKIGRON REDTAILS<<< thats the locale of my male, Many people the with the color and pattern Pokigron, Suri's are the Perfect Redtail Boa!! And i agree :lol:

http://www.boa-constrictors.com/com/constr...am/surinam.html

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Crazy4Herps

Thanks!

12. VinnyD

VinnyD New Member

No problem :blink:

13. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

base on scaless' sayings i'd prefer hogg as they grow smaller. i don't really like large snake you know. i prefer snakes that are quite big but still handable and i can let it hang in my neck without injuring me, so perhaps 3 feet to 6 lol :blink:
    ps* i love fat snakes as well, so i like aspera :lol: