Russian Tort. Eye/eyelid puff problem.

Discussion in 'Tortoises' started by vincent, Feb 28, 2009.

1. vincent

vincent Embryo

ok here it goes, ive had my tort for about 4 yrs now... hes always been pretty healthy and seemed fine in most all other way, i keep him in a cage with no top about 20x20... with 100% cocanut bark, and a shallow bowl of drinking water for him, he has a light which i use zoo med basking light 100 watts says it provides necassary uva quantity. when i feed him i get him kale, romaine let., and sometimes flowers and spinach. lately ive notcied that he has puffy eyes and i researched it alot and seen that it can be caused by dehydration..which i do soak him regularly... and low vitamin A.. i picked up the drops used to give him vitamin A from zoo med, and he has no sign of RI, no runny nose or wheezing... but when i watch him eat which he does eat regularly, lately he opens his mouth alot and like trys to wipe the side of his face with his arms... his eyes start to get really puffy and then when i handle him it goes down agian... i dont have any idea what to do... is this srs? plz someone help

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. jimdiane

jimdiane Embryo

maybe a infection? Go to the vet and get checked out

jim