Sandfish Skink

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by murph909, Sep 1, 2009.

1. murph909

murph909 Embryo

Hi, so i am new on this forum, and yesterday I bought a sandfish skink. It is in a 20gallon long set up, shallow water dish, uvb light, heat lamp, etc etc. I have googled about every possible thing and read about every possible care sheet. Generally, since I am used to the leopard gecko which is so common, I was surprised to see that there wasnt much for care information on these amazing little guys.

So basically this is my question

Does anybody know anything about the Sandfish Skink?

I could use info on everything, but specifically the following:

How many can be hosted in a 20g long tank? (currently approx. 3-4 inches of sand, will increase a bit when they grow)
    Sexing?
    Breeding? (doesnt seem likely)
    Best food? (seems some sites mention crickets, and some mention crix (i dont know what this is), and a variety of worms with no mention of crickets. I use crickets for my leopard geckos and if gutloaded and dusted crickets are a good staple then itd be easy for me)
    Climbing? (seems they arent, but can they benifit from a plant or is it just going to end up being primarily decorative?
    Water? (seems they use water dish for cooling off/shedding more so then drinking.. whats the best way to ensure the lizard is getting a good amount of water?)
    Any other information? (anything useful, a funny story, a warning, anything at all)

Thanks for any and all help

Kenny