Season for reptile expos?

Discussion in 'Florida Reptile Nuts' started by finchlaur, Oct 15, 2007.

1. finchlaur

finchlaur Embryo

I've noticed that there were just a handful of reptile-related shows in Florida. Does this typically happen every Autumn, or are they more spread out? I ask because my family has a timeshare in Florida and I'm thinking it might be fun to time it so we can attend maybe next year. The property is in the Orlando area but I might be able to swap it for another area like Tampa if that would be better (although I've never done that, so any advice would be welcome). It would be nice to get some use out of the week since we're paying so much for it, argh, I'm just griping. Anyway I'm curious, so I can start planning for 2008.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Member

the main shows are from gila productions and repticon/f.i.r.e.
    the next repticon will be in orlando 23/24th of feb. the next gila pro. show will be in Tampa 8/9th march . if you are not too specific what you are looking for ,you might be able to get a nice deal. it istime for the breeeders to clean out the racks by then. if you go to tampa you could also go to buschgardens or something like that.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. onsidlives

onsidlives Member

the next repticon will be in ft myers on december 8th and 9th i thought?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. conny63malies

conny63malies Member

i didnt mean its the next repticon, just the next in Orlando.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. looneymoney

looneymoney Embryo

I've never gone to a herp show...that might be a fun possibility. I feel your timeshare pain, though, my parents got caught up in huge timeshare scandal they inherited from a departed relative. I would suggest trying to use whatever week you have if possible, rather than trying to exchange, which can often cost even more money. In fact, it was costing my parents so much money they opted to pay Timeshare Relief to do a title transfer, just to get rid of it. It would've been impossible to make a profit. Talk about griping...! Anyhow, that's been my experience. Florida timeshares are often oversold, or so I've read.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Katt

Katt Moderator

RE: Re: Season for reptile expos?

dont forget about the Daytona breeders expo in August. Its one of the largest shows in the states and well worth the drive from tampa, orlando, or farther.
    Theres shows in tampa in march and september i belive
    there are two shows in orlando as well
    and a number of smaller shows place like Ft. lauderdale and sarasota
    I'll check on some dates for those later when its not such a rdicuously late hour

12. Katt

Katt Moderator

dont forget about the Daytona breeders expo in August. Its one of the largest shows in the states and well worth the drive from tampa, orlando, or farther.
    Theres shows in tampa in march and september i belive
    there are two shows in orlando as well
    and a number of smaller shows place like Ft. lauderdale and sarasota
    I'll check on some dates for those later when its not such a rdicuously late hour

13. Baker14

Baker14 Member

hey Katt, can you check some dates for the shows in Ft. lauderdale?

Thanks