Securing plants on viv walls

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by LittleMick, Nov 12, 2009.

1. LittleMick

LittleMick Member

I was wondering how any of you guys n gals secure silk vines or the like on to the side of the viv?
    Currently I have a plastic silk plant on the side wall of my Leo's viv, a sucker holds it up, as Elle is only a Leo there is little chance she will knock it down. When it dries up obviously it falls.
    Now when I build Elijahs bigger viv, when the time comes, I want some plants maybe on the sides and back walls, but I don't want them falling down all the time. Plus I don't want nails or hooks or anything just in case he hurts him self on them, so what would be the best and best plants to have for this?

Mick

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. mango95

mango95 New Member

I think you should get The Exo- Terra plants. They suction cup to your wall and there great! They come in many different styles such as Amapallo, Croton, Mandarin, and more. Mandarin is my personal favorite. they are very cheap too. The large is $4.04 on reptilesupply.com, the medium is $2.63, and the small is $1.36. heres the link= http://www.reptilesupply.com/product.php?products_id=316 . You could also find the Exo Terra Plants in the stores btu they are way cheaper on line. They come with 1 suction cup per plant and are already on the plant. What i do is i got the Flukers bamboo and i put them parallel to eachother and spread them apart about 6 inches/ 1 foot. Then i took the Exo terra plant and i suction cupped it to the wall and spread the leaves and vines over the bamboo and my Corn snake adores it! Hope this helps.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. LittleMick

LittleMick Member

Well those are good prices, unfortunately I would be paying a fortune in delivery costs, I live in the UK, lol. On a serious note, I do already have 2 of those, one in my Leo viv and one in Elijah's faun. They are good, only thing is when they are stuck to the side wall of the viv, after a couple of weeks they fall down. So I was after a more permanent fixture. I was on another forum and some one mentioned about cable nails, basically a nail with a U-shaped plastic bit that holds the cable in place, so I think they would be ideal.