Selling My Tokays :(

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by nikemikey, Aug 4, 2007.

1. nikemikey

nikemikey New Member

So I have to sell my two female tokay geckos ! Im not to happy about it. But I recently found out I am pregnant, and I am not going to be able to care for them the way they deserve ! :(

imma miss them sooooo much.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

my tokay gecko is the most low maintenance gecko I own. Are you sure you have to get rid of them ??? that's pretty sad.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. biglittlee8fan

biglittlee8fan Embryo

were are you located??? and what are you asking for them ? please E-mail me if you still have them biglittlee8fan@yahoo.com

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Tux

Tux Well-Known Member

My wife cared for the leos at 8 months prego....what exactly is it that you think you can't provide while pregnant?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. nikemikey

nikemikey New Member

Well I would LOVE to keep them. But the BF doesnt think so. We are turning the pet room into a babies room. Since we only have two bedrooms. Plus we are living in a shared accommodation with our close friends. With two children . So its going to be quite a full house. And to have them anywhere else but one of our rooms would be crazy. They would become very stressed by these children .

But around here , no one wants Tokay GEckos. Im in Langley BC canada......

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. geckofreak562

geckofreak562 Member

Sorry to hear that

12. waker123

waker123 New Member

If you are willing to ship em over to Sask I can take them off your hands.

13. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Please remember you are not permitted to sell things via these forums, whether that be on the forums themselves, or via PM.

There is an adoption section on the site though.

14. nikemikey

nikemikey New Member

No worries. Im not going to sell them over here. The previous pet store wants them back . They are awesome with their reptiles, and I will feel very safe with them there. Although I will miss them greatly!!!!

15. waker123

waker123 New Member

good to know they are finding a good home.. to tell you the truth I didnt particularily want them, but I just wanted to make sure they get taken care of correctly; and if that's what going to happen, GREAT!!

16. ___LIAM___

___LIAM___ Embryo

before you get rid of them,after they got used to it they wouldnt be stressed by the children they would just ignore it after a whiles

17. Morke

Morke Embryo

Oh man ( woman xD ) that's too sad... My mom had to sell his horse when she got pregnant and I feel sooooooo guilty
    BUT, there's a difference between keeping a horse and taking care of a gecko. Maybe you can think about keeping just one of your little monsters

18. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you did find them a good home =]

19. nikemikey

nikemikey New Member

I wish I could have kept them. I tried everything in the book . But its not just the time. Which I know isnt much. Its the space. No space whatsoever when this baby comes.

They are happy tho. I always call and ask , sometimes visit ! !:) They seem happy as pie !

20. geckonewbie

geckonewbie New Member

sry to hear this