set up plz hlp

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by tyler12, Jul 29, 2010.

1. tyler12

tyler12 New Member

ok hai um what would be the best setup for a crested gecko plz reply kthxbai!!!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

Well from what I saw on another of your posts you seem to know the basics. I prefer to keep mine in plastic bins because it's hard to keep up humidity in my house. I'm going to glue fake plants to the outside so they are less ugly

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. tyler12

tyler12 New Member

lol yea im pretty sure i know the basics but i just wanted other peoples oppinions, thx

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Bottoms94

Bottoms94 New Member

20 gl tall...paper towel substrate........lots of stuff to climb on and up......mist daily......food dish.........a hide or two.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Hm... you know, I don't think we have a "show off your Rhac tank" thread yet... I'll have to take some update photos this weekend and start one :D

As far as a good set-up for an adult a 20 gallon long tank situated on it's side so it's tall with a well fitted lid is perfect with lots of vegetation well anchored onto the sides and top. They don't need any heat source unless where you live frequently goes lower than 58 degrees F... the one thing you really have to worry about is high temps actually. They can get stressed and can actually die from temperatures over 80/85 degrees...
    Then of course you need a water bowl and a food bowl, for breeding females it's good to leave a cup of pure calcium in the tank as well. They can live perfectly well on the balance meal replacement powder (MRP) mixed properly with water, the best of these MRPs out on the market is Rhepashy's Crested Gecko Diet in either 1 part or 2 part formulas. You can also feed them crickets, roaches, silk worms, pheonix worms, butterworms, or wax worms. Crestie's stomachs are a bit more delicate and they can't really handle breaking down the shell of meal worms and super worms are just on the hairy edge of being too big so I never feed mine those.

Hope that helps!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. tyler12

tyler12 New Member

cool thx

12. tyler12

tyler12 New Member

ok thanks sooo much this helps a lot!! :)