set-up question

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by hobotramp, Nov 4, 2002.

1. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Do leos need much in the way of rock formations or anything to climb on? or do they prefer just being on the flat ground like I always see in pet stores?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Well, while they are terrestrial reptiles (or so I was told, and so I thought), Frodo escaped once, and we found him 3 days later, 8ft up a wall!

We always put stuff in their tanks for 'em to climb on and crawl through & under.

Grapewood's good, as well as rocks. You can just go round to your local landscaping store and pick up some nice big pieces they can crawl all over. Get some smaller ones to act like pillars holding them up too, so they've got hiding spaces underneath.

Make sure everything's sturdy though. You can use a hot-glue gun to secure all the rocks to each other :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. LeoLover

LeoLover New Member

I give my leos something to climb on in their enclosures. I guess to get them climbing on something and excersize a bit instead of laying around all day. :)
    They do climb all over everything. I provide-cork bark-driftwood-caves and the like. :)
    I would just to let your leo explore and get some excersize! :)
    Leo Lover