Shedding Question

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by asiandude, Sep 5, 2008.

1. asiandude

asiandude New Member

hey

My corn has shed once it arrive at my home. It's been like 3 week now and it weight 17g. How long do i have to wait for it to shed again as i don't see any shed in the tank...

All my temp and stuff are fine.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. slackin

slackin Member

They typically shed about once a month when they're young. Sometimes more often, sometimes less. As long as it's growing, it will shed. I definitely wouldn't worry about it. Take care!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Herp__Kid

Herp__Kid Member

you can expect a young corn to shed up to every 2 weeks

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. asiandude

asiandude New Member

cool..today i look at him and he is in the shedding process now. Skin look pale and eye are cloudy.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. asiandude

asiandude New Member

as he is in shedding now...how long can i expect he to shed? and do i feed him when he is in shed?

Need help ASAP..

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

No need to feed while shedding, snakes are useually reluctant to eat any way because they can see for squat.
    just keep the humidity or a humidty box at least 50%. Corns do not need a tone of moisture like other snakes when it come to shedding.
    after it shed just feed again on what your useual feeding sechdual is.

12. asiandude

asiandude New Member

i dont want him to miss a meal so i fed him a pinky.

It is possilbe for a corn not to strike at it's prey?? Mine sometimes strike it but would not construct it...and when i fed it during shedding...it just swallow it without striking it...

Anyone has this problem...i feed f/t pinky.

13. Daggerlover

Daggerlover Well-Known Member

Not a problem at all. Rayna has never, ever struck her prey, she's always just opened her mouth and swallowed it. I think she's only actually wrapped herself around it once, ever. She eats every week and is healthy, so I sure as heck am not complaining!

14. asiandude

asiandude New Member

thanks for answering....

My corn is now doing fine and weigth good. I feed it during shed too, there was not a problem and i would coniune to do so.

As for the construct (wrap), he is now gettig the hang to construct it's prey.

15. Daggerlover

Daggerlover Well-Known Member

That's fine. I feed Rayna in shed all the time, and she's only ever refused once. Snakes are pretty grouchy when in shed so some willy shy up, but not all. If you're worried he won't eat, don't worry, one missed week won't hurt.