~Shock collars~

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by croc_gator_rebeccak3, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Spot

Spot ReptileBoards Addict

I'd go with a specific command like "quiet" or "No Jump" instead of shock. Because eventually you want him to learn those behaviors without using the shock. It may be weird if he's barking and you yell 'shock' to get him to be quiet later on when he doesn't need the collar. Also, if you rely too much on the collar (or 'shock'), you get what you call a 'collar wise' dog - where he only listens when he's got the collar on.

Again, don't forget the praise when he does listen, especially when he starts to do so without the shock.

Yup. $40 collar wld be a piece of crap IMO - the entry level 'good one' I got was around $100 and that was quite a few years ago - I suspect it's pricier now.
    No chance he'd prefer the prong collar or choke collar like these? It's waaay cheaper.
    http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?R=8...ilyID=8013&
    http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?R=6...ilyID=8062&

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. croc_gator_rebeccak3

croc_gator_rebeccak3 Well-Known Member

yah.. i would think that too.

teh $40 dollar one has set control and a remote... well, $ right now, i dont even want to talk about it., but thanks for all the info. hopefully he will learn quick... i hope he does.. :-(

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. RobertII

RobertII Well-Known Member

What size do they make these collars up 2? I want to fit one on my overweight loudmouth aunt, and her overweight loud mouth son. The live next door and when they get upset the whole neighborhood knows their fighting. There have been police called to their house before, not because of vilance or anything it was due to noise violation from their loud squaking.
    They go at it all the time and they can be inside doors and windows shut and I can hear them like they ar next to me in my room on oposite ends of the house.
    I have had to go over and threaten their lives several times at 2am to get them to shut up.
    Do they make thses collars in 45-55'' to shut up loud family members?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. croc_gator_rebeccak3

croc_gator_rebeccak3 Well-Known Member

...lo. nio i dont think so. italked to my dad where he is getting them he said they are half off, so they are $80. that okay.... yah the store is giong out of business, so everything Must Go!!!