Sick blood python

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by mxracer4life_41, Oct 12, 2007.

1. mxracer4life_41

mxracer4life_41 Member

I've got a sumatran blood python I recieved last friday (10/5) and just wed I noticed he was "star gazing". I checked him out and he has a weeze sound when breathing and bubbles coming out his nose/mouth. I started out having his warm side a 88, no I have raised it to 92, with the cool side at 82. He stays on the warm side all the time. I know I should raise the temp's, but its been so long since I messed with a python I can't recall how much I should raise it. He does seem to be getting a little better. Any advise? When should I try to feed? He is a little one, only 13-14'' long.

Jeremy

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

If he is that young and blowing bubbles and possibly stargazing I should think a vet trip is in order here. Raising the temps can help in the early stages and will help now, but he really needs to be seen and probably treated w/medication. Higher temps will not get rid of a respiratory infection once it has taken hold and stargazing is something else entirely, again, it is my opinion he should go to a qualified herp vet.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. burky_tc

burky_tc Member

92 is actually way too hot for a blood python. Not sure if you can still find last months issue of Reptiles magazine but there was a great article on Bloods. But definitely take Clems advice and get him to a vet that deals with reptiles as soon as you can.