Size

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by ulli, Sep 21, 2007.

1. ulli

ulli Embryo

Hi,i have a burmesse python normal morph,well i suspect shes about almost a year old what size should see be.some guy brought her from india she didnt eat for him and nor for me until i force feed her 3 times and put her in a 300g tank she eats fine now,but when i got her it was showing that she prolly hadint eaten for awile,nothing from me ether for about 2+ months.shes doing fine now,becoming fat :) .
    she is about 100cm is that normal for a year old snake?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. billy_gravius

billy_gravius New Member

it all depends how much it's been eating. mine is about 1 and a half years old and about 6 ft. if the snake hasn't been eating much then 100cm is probably normal. there isn't really a "right" size but it should probably be a little bigger. If you feed it, it will grow.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. ulli

ulli Embryo

1 hamster a week enough while they are still growing fast?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. billy_gravius

billy_gravius New Member

it depends how big the hamster is. I'd feed it something about the size of the biggest part of the snakes body width once a week. you could do every 5 days if you wanted but that's just more money going into it.

also, it is said that they will get addicted to hamsters and chickens so you should probably feed it rats. I'm not sure if this is true but it's always better to be safe.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. ulli

ulli Embryo

rats are illegal here in iceland.still there are lots of them wild :evil: .hamsters are cheap and she also eats gebrils(like a big mouse) or thats what i think its called?