Sleepy gecko

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by smithers86, Jan 5, 2009.

1. smithers86

smithers86 New Member

Ok, thanks. :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. smithers86

smithers86 New Member

Ok, so a quick update. My Leos are now a healthy 2.5 months old and a length of 5.5 inches. I am going to go get the dimmer today annd a replacement bulb (butterfingers happenned and I dropped one :) ) I will check on my camera and TRY and find a memory card reader so I can take pics and post them on here for everyone to see. Wish me luck everyone. I deffinately think I have 2 Males cause I can see a slight bump and I think one is getting his black pores around his pelvic area. Will try to take pics so I can be sure. Ok, I will keep you all posted.

So I just got home from shopping and one of my Leos looks like it just finished shedding and one has just started, I am so happy. The one that is shedding now is going through his second shed since I got him. YAYYY!!! :p

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. smithers86

smithers86 New Member

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Jayme

Jayme New Member

Very cute. X) They look quite healthy. Got nice bellies and tails. *nods*

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. smithers86

smithers86 New Member

Thanks a bunch! :)

I just watched Fred shed a little, does anyone actually know the reason why they eat their skin?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. TAL

TAL Embryo

No idea...I've wondered that for awhile. Makes for no cleanup of it though!

12. MimC

MimC Moderator

Because in the wild it would be foolish to waste the nutrients! There are still good nutrients in the skin, and in a world where your next potential meal could be hours or weeks away, you dont let anything go to waste :)

13. MimC

MimC Moderator

oh, and they are goregous!

Look nice and healthy, you have been doing a great job with them.

I LOVE Barneys markings - nice bright yellow with those really dark black spots, he is stunning

14. smithers86

smithers86 New Member

Did you notice a certain purple tint on his head and tail too? (Barney)

15. smithers86

smithers86 New Member

Ok, so I have noticed something very wierd and a little creepy. I keep my geckos in my room and I have noticed for a few nights that one of my geckos stares at me while I am in bed. Its wierd, kinda funny yet creepy. But they are still nice and healthy and fat.

16. smithers86

smithers86 New Member

So a quick update, all is well in geck land (heehee). Ok so here is my question, I deffinately see a bump and where the pores turn black I do see a "V" shape but it isnt dark in color yet. Do I have 2 males for sure?

17. MimC

MimC Moderator

Probably - if you are seeing a bump and pores.

if they are still together (I cant remember - i think you separted them?) then separated them now just to be sure.

If they are already separated then just keep an eye on them and soon you will know for sure :-D

glad they are doing so well!!

18. Jayme

Jayme New Member

Yeah, my gecko stares at me too. Especially when I'm sittin' at my computer desk which is right next to his cage. XD It usually means he's hungry.

19. smithers86

smithers86 New Member

Then my geckos are ALWYAYS hungry..lol

20. smithers86

smithers86 New Member

I think I may have the most laziest geckos around, one waits for the food to come to it and the other is active at night but can be active during the day. Fred has had his second shed in a month :D Barney has shed also. I am very happy how my Leos are growing.

21. ikermalli

ikermalli Well-Known Member

Haha! Yeah! I left the red light on last night, and I was watching my leo, and he was looking at me, then i turned his red light off, and in about 4-5 minutes I hear feet moving!

22. smithers86

smithers86 New Member

For who ever wants to see my smallest gecko Geroge here is his picture (I know he isn't a Leo but hes cute)

http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj439/D...s/LilGeorge.jpg

To let you all know about the condition of my Leos. All are healthy and growing like weeds. I got them on the 29th of December and they already went through 2 sheds. They are still too young to sex them but I will let you all know who is really a male and who is a female if I have one. Hmm, not really much to say, they are being silly and letting the crix crawl on them but they will probably be gone by the end of the night. If not I will attempt to take them out of leave them in if there isnt a lot in there. Hmm, I do believe that is all for now.