Slight rant, sorry

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by hubert_cumberdale, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hubert_cumberdale

hubert_cumberdale Member

So the pet store that i go to get my supplies have had this wonder gecko, and ive wanted it for ages, but for all the wrong reasons, i knew it was going to be neglected, and almost got it a few weeks back.
    Well i went in there and had a quick browse to find this poor lil gecko dead :'( purely because it had been so neglected. The store almost found it funny! It makes me so mad, only 5 weeks ago was this gecko in super health, and to see the state it was in brakes my heart!!
    Im fed up with seeing all these animals neglected so badly until their death, knowing that there is nothing i can do.
    So RIP lil guy!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. onsidlives

onsidlives Member

I know what you mean dude and at Pet Supermarket (where I work) none of our animals are treated that way. Even though we don't have a reptile section, which for my sake is probably a good thing, we take excelent care of our animals and if there is a complaint about one even looking sick we put it in a separate cage and give it the attention that it needs.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Rees2

Rees2 New Member

i see alot of dead fish in most petstores but there this one petstore that has like 3-4 redeared sliders in a 10 or 20 gallon tank crowded.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. craziiikris10

craziiikris10 Member

at my petsmart there are about 50 little toads in a 10 gallon all together!!! they are all very skinny too! sorry bout the little gecko!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. kazmar

kazmar New Member

Pet stores can be awful places. One of them that we visit sometimes almost always has something dead. The employees look mad that we noticed, and even more mad that we want them to do something about it.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

i have to agree with kazmar i once found a dead house gecko and they looked mad. I also found a sick looking beardie and the guy just said he was shedding but i checked and it didn't look like he was. I also bought a beardie from a petco and it died from metabolic bone disease because of a crudy uvb they recommended. :)

12. reptileluver

reptileluver Embryo

I agreee, I have called the reptile manger at are local PETCO (where the reptile's shouldn't go) LOL
    anways, there baby leos, about 20-30 of the all in a 10 gallon tank together, it's horrible!
    they have no water, and barely and food. SO SAD! I have to stop myself ever time I walk in there from buying all of the reptiles and try to save them :D Oncethe had a sub-adult leo with M.B.D. (metibolic bone disease) and I told the manager and he said "it was fine a week ago, I'll go check on it and call you back" that was six monthsago...still waiting on that phone call!!!!

13. bruno

bruno Moderator

This topic is now almost 2 years old.

May I respectfully request at no further posted be added.
    This forum "Rainbow Bridge" is to pay our respects to lost, loved pets. NOT a place to rant.

If a Mod sees this, it may be a good idea to "lock" this topic or even remove it.

Let us keep this forum for what it is, A PLACE OF RESPECT

14. mango95

mango95 New Member

Yeh i see what you mean. I got two perfectly healthy anoles at a reinessance fair since they were selling "dragons" lol. They were soo happy and healthy and came with a cage, branches and everything! Then a year later one of them died of i think old age. I went to petgoods to get another one since princess was still alive and princess and Babo loved to cuddle up with eachother (it was soo cute!!!). I then got Rudy at petgoods and a few days later he died!?! I complained to petgoods and got another one. This one was named Rudolph haha. Rudolph died within a week. Then Rudy and Rudolphs sicknesses caught on to poor Princess and she died. I have had Princess for about a year and a month.

The moral of the story: DON'T GET PETS FROM PETGOODS/PETCO/PETSMARTS!! I have been to all of the stores and they always have dead pets in the cages. My anoles from the renaissence festival were better than Petgoods!!

15. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Topic locked. elysee, sorry to hear about your loss. Feel free to make your own thread in this forum about the loss of your pets.

-00luke00

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.