snake names

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by CornyGuy, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Eirecorcaigh

Eirecorcaigh Well-Known Member

I've got one snake at my place, my Corn Snake, Clayton.

I also have two Three-Toed Box Turtles (Séamus and Gertrude), a Red-Foot Tortoise (Klaus), and four Leopard Geckos (Flanders, TJ, Bernie and Gilbert).

I go for the "anything goes" method when naming my animals, if something strikes me as good, there it be :D

BTW... I really have no idea of Clayton's sex... he's only about 3 months old if I had to guess (about 20 inches long), so if it's a female, the name will be Clayton-rietta or something... :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Jay_herb_com

Jay_herb_com New Member

20 inches at 3 months is real good so its probaly a girl. stubby tail or long?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. R00K

R00K New Member

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. FLBlue

FLBlue Member

cool names
    off-topic:
    but did you get him a pinky to eat yet?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Eirecorcaigh

That tail is long and slender... does that indicate male or female? I know sexing without using a probe is extremely difficult (if not impossible to do), so I'm just curious.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Mine is Vesuvius after Mount Vesuvius the volcano that erupted a looooong time ago in Italy. It sounded cool. They are making a movie about it called Pompeii (the city Mt Vesuvius is found in)

12. kelgrl65

kelgrl65 New Member

We have Zak and just brough home Chloe.

Also have a beardie named Sydney, I know, not very original! Dog Teddy and a cat named Cozmo, Mr Crabs the hermit crab......tons of fish, and a couple water frogs.....stopped naming the fishy critters, seemed the one's we named were the one's that would die..... :?

13. Jay_herb_com

Jay_herb_com New Member

Yea its escpecialy difficult whn there younger (harder to tell), but yes the longer tails belong to the males and the stubby ones to the females.

14. CornyGuy

CornyGuy Well-Known Member

Eirecorcaigh, if the tail is long and slender it is probobly female. If is it a little stubby or fat most likely male.

15. Jay_herb_com

Jay_herb_com New Member

Oops, looks like I had it backwards, Well I was sayin it yur way yesterday.lol

16. Eirecorcaigh

Gotcha... sexing leos is so much more easier... :D

17. CornyGuy

It's okay we all mess up sometimes.:D

18. ridingchic211

ridingchic211 Embryo

no, hes starting to shed so i am going to wait until hes done :D

19. CornyGuy

Actually you might want to try feeding now. Not all snakes go off eating while in shed. Corn snakes in general usually eat whenever mice are offered. Try it maybe yours will eat. Mine eats during shed, in winter whenever he smells food. :D

20. Jay_herb_com

Jay_herb_com New Member

21. FLBlue

FLBlue Member

cool. yeah i usually wait a day or two after they shed to feed them. shedding is really stressful on them. :)

22. irishdevil

irishdevil New Member

Well Frankie got his whole name from the movie Donnie Darko. The rabbit that follow the main chacter is named Frankie and the chacter last name is Darko and the Mench is because of my last name.

Osiris is after an egyptian god. Nightshade becaus whn I frist got him I was trying to pick a good name for him and a girl suggested Nightshade...I thought about other names but I told her if I could find one he seemed to like I would name him that. I called him Osiris and he perked up his head therefore he was named.

23. CornyGuy

I think it is obvious why I named my corn Cornelius.

24. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

irishdevil, omg Donnie Darko is my all-time fav movie! That's awesome :)

25. CornyGuy

So you name your pets after the charactors, lol, I am going to start doing that.