Snake names?

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by MBK_KID, Apr 6, 2007.

1. MBK_KID

MBK_KID Member

Hi peeps,
    I thought it would be interesting to find out other peoples names for their Snakes.

So post you pets species, name and any little stories why you named it what maybe even a picture or two *hint*.

Azza

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Hey Azza

My corn is called stevie, that's because i got her about three weeks after the tragic death of Steve Irwin.

My kingsnake was called Jet, because of the stunning jet black he had..

Not very exiting names, but hey :eek:

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. reako45

reako45 Member

With a couple of my snakes my wife and daughter have named them, but recently I've started naming them after places where they are from, after their Latin or common names. I recently got a Great Basin Gophersnake from Homewood Cyn so I called him "Woody", and a Mojave Glossy Snake that I called "Flossy".

reako45

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. punkrck1013

punkrck1013 Member

My Arizona Mtn. Kingsnake is Montressor from the Cask of Amontialldo (sp) and my Brazillian Rainbow Boa is Sienna which is Italian for reddish brown.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. lplasc

lplasc New Member

my corn is name Cinto, because when I first got him my brother ask me if i was going to make a wallet out of him I said no a belt. and cinto is Spanish for belt.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. begunwithaletter

begunwithaletter Well-Known Member

You asked for it :)

Gertrude is my big male corn x emoryi hybrid. The breeder told me he was a girl. By the time I figured out that she was a he, the name was 4 years old, and I didn't want to change it!
    [​IMG]

Georgie is my oldest female corn. When George laid eggs, we knew that Gertrude was the boy :)
    [​IMG]

Cheezit is my amel corn, so named because she's the color of fake cheese.
    [​IMG]

Cinder is my anery A corn, named for that ashy grey-black color of charcoal the day after a BBQ.
    [​IMG]

Nimbus is the ghost, named for the color of clouds.
    [​IMG]

Toast is our butter corn, named because calling him butter would have been too obvious :p
    [​IMG]

Punk is the lavender corn, and he's got a LOT of attitude.
    [​IMG]

Tabasco is the sunglow motley, and she really is the color of hot sauce!
    [​IMG]

Hops(darker) and Barley(lighter) are the baird's ratsnakes, and named in honor of my favorite beverage's ingredients.
    [​IMG]

RootBeer is our mexican rosy boa, and he's the color of rootbeer with foam.
    [​IMG]

Yogurt is our high-white cali king, named because he's the color of vanilla yogurt.
    [​IMG]

GoGurt is our banded cali king, and we named him to 'match' Yogurt.
    [​IMG]

Valentine is our mexican black king, named because she was my valentine's day present.
    [​IMG]

Phouka(top) and Karmit(bottom) are our redtails, and their names don't really mean anything... they just sounded cool.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ch'Punkin is the Brazilian Rainbow Boa, and she got her name from a family joke (loooong story)
    [​IMG]

Carmel is our Sumatran Blood Python, named for the colors on her back.
    [​IMG]

12. MBK_KID

MBK_KID Member

Cool names everyone.

Woah! Do you have enough snakes begunwithaletter? Lol

Azza

13. thefrogger

thefrogger Member

My female amel corn is called Imowin, named after (but spelt wrong) balders gate. I named her this basicaly because I think it really fits her character.

My male amel corn is called chuby, because he was slightly over weight when I got him. But he's alright now and doing really well.

My baby male amel corn is called jack, simply after my grandad.

My adult normal corn is called ginger, after ginger from the film ginger snaps. This suits her personality far to much :):p

My royal is called ariel, and although everyone I know seems to assume its after either soap or the little mermaid, it's not. He's named after the spirit in the tempest.

My childrens python is named smudge, because my girlfreind was shooting names at me and that was one I thought really suited him.

14. begunwithaletter

MBK, those are JUST the snakes... I have geckos, rats, mice, cavies, cats and ferrets too :)

15. LeapinLeo

LeapinLeo New Member

when I get my snake I will most likely name it after a main character or character in a book that I enjoyed reading

16. MBK_KID

MBK_KID Member

Re: RE: Snake names?

:shock: Woah!

I thought luke was lucky by having upto 4 snakes at the end of the year.

How many are rescues?

Azza

17. begunwithaletter

RE: Re: RE: Snake names?

more than 80% of my animals are rescues.

18. conny63malies

conny63malies Member

My son named the first bp Charlie after a Nickelodeon show "Charlie&Lola"
    i named the female bp Heidi because ,well , i'm german .
    The ksb looked like a leopard worm, hence he is wormy now and the corny was renamed Trixie by my oldest. We also have a semi-permanent petmouse named "Runt". The next snake will be named after native american chiefs or names from their country of origin. I'll buying a greek tortoise and name it after a greek god.

19. LeoLady

LeoLady Member

Our amel corn is named Harry. It just seemed to fit.

20. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Man, i love it when that happens... And theres me wracking my brain out for names of new snakes i've got my eye on in the pet stores, but aren't actually mine yet :)

21. SamAndLindy

SamAndLindy Member

my corns are lindy{first and juvinille} and michelle{I hoped it was mickal because I wanted a full grown manly snake =p}

22. DreamingOfDragons

DreamingOfDragons Member

2006 female ball python- Nyxx - her name means "night" and is also for the goddess of the night

[​IMG]

2006 male sunglow corn snake- Serg - got his name from one of my favorite books

[​IMG]

2005 female Dumeril's Ground Boa- Divana - comes from the siberian name Divan(Dee-van) which means "beautiful" jus added the extra "a" to make it sound more like a girl name

[​IMG]

2006 female Albino California King Snake- Maeve - from another of my favorite books

[​IMG]

2006 male Nelson's Milk Snake-Anjay - from the same book as Maeve

[​IMG]

2006 male Miami Corn Snake- Kuro - kuro means "black" in japanese

[​IMG]

2006 male Kisatchie- Jager- liked the name and it fits him

[​IMG]

2006 male Pewter Corn Snake- Zapher - just liked the name

[​IMG]

2006 male Prairie King Snake- Zaylem - different version of Salem

no pics of Zaylem yet

Those are all my snakes...but not all my pets if i named all my pets it would probably take a while.

Dreamer

23. onsidlives

onsidlives Member

Fluffy-Columbian redtail boa, I thought it would be cool to have a big snake that everyone's afraid of named Fluffy
    Ka-Columbian redtail boa, I would have to ask my nephew for the story on this one
    Sidney-BP, named after Sex Pistol bassist Sid Vicious
    Cous-Cous, BP, I had him for a couple weeks and he still didn't have a name so I was telling someone the prediciment in cooking class and the cabinet I opened had a tub of cous-cous in it and nothing else so I took it as a sign
    Topaz-BP, my mom is responsible for this one I don't know why she did it
    Zabardast- Pueblan milk, means vodka in Indian I believe but I'm not sure
    Malibu- Stripped Cali king, well Malibu is in Cali so that's how that happened

24. onsidlives

onsidlives Member

oh I almost forgot about Dagger-snow corn, really no reason for his name either

25. ReveWalker

ReveWalker New Member

The Pueblan milk is named Periscope, simply because after burrowing under the substrate, he sticks his head out and looks like the periscope of a submarine.

The albino striped Cali. King is named Ziggy, for the zig-zag line on his tail...and because Ziggy Stardust is just cool, right?