Sneaky Kenyan aka She's pulled a Houdini

Discussion in 'Boas' started by KAOSRacing, Sep 2, 2008.

1. KAOSRacing

KAOSRacing Member

Well, my female KSB has escaped her enclosure twice now. The first time I thought it was my fault as it occurred within less than 24 hours of me handling her...figured I didn't secure the lid. Yesterday I found she had "left the building" again and I KNOW the lid was secure. Seems she's figured out how to wedge that wide, flat nose into the lid just right and prying it open. Fortunately we've found her both times...in the same area of the room.

Now, having had to secure the lids on my Ball Python's enclosures with luggage straps, the KSB has a strap holding her lid on too! Just goes to show you...secure is not REALLY SECURE.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

Yep most snake are really good at getting out of tanks/cages. One thing that people do not think about is that is an unnatural enviroment for the snake and it wants to get out. Because it is the snakes home the snake has 24 hour a day/7 days a week to study and figure out where the weak link in the lid is at.

I ended up making a custom made lid held on with nylon straps and backpacking buckles. I have yet to have an ecsape with that set up, assuming that I fastend the buckles correctly ^__^

You can fid a similar lit at petsmart/petco, jsut a basic black screen lid does well, you just have to go to a out door store to find the nylin straps and buckles.