Snow =HAPPY!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by wolfwood, Oct 24, 2004.

1. wolfwood

wolfwood New Member

Over the past week we have gotten about 7 inches of rain and that is awsome for the Mountains. We just got back from our snowmobiling area Monte Cristo(no snowmobiling yet). We decided to go and see how much snow was up there, we got to the parking lot and there was none. But we went up about 5 miles and there was SOOOO much snow. Good thing me and my little bro took our snowboards. We got an early season ride, 3ft of FRESH, UNTOUCHED POWDER. It was AWSOME!!! Our dog Sophie loved it also, she gets a running start and submarines in the power. It is so funny.She just LOVES the white stuff.
    Here are some pics I took.

At the summit, big brother and sophie in front of a blown cornice.
    [​IMG]

Thats me just looking at the trees.
    [​IMG]

1/2 mile up from the parking lot
    [​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. *~Amanda~*

*~Amanda~* Member

ick this is gonna happen to me soon! only good part means that my birthday is coming up!!!! lol

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Smileen

Smileen Member

Haha they are forecasting it to be in the 80's tomorrow... I've only really had to pull out my hoodies three times.... I want the cold weather! A quarter inch of snow will shut down school here!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. wolfwood

wolfwood New Member

We need at least 2ft in one night to shut down school. So it never really happens.*sniff*At my bus stop in the morning it is getting near 35 deg F, One time last year it was about -4 deg F it felt like -15 with the wind chill. That was a miserable morning at the bus stop 10 min in the cold.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. *~Amanda~*

*~Amanda~* Member

LUCKY! it has to be like VERY cold AND the snow has to at least go up past your heels and the really it depends on the Plows! if the streets arent plowed then theres no school!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Freaky_pete

Freaky_pete Well-Known Member

Snow roxs! LOL We got some here in edmonton.. Man Snow boarding kicks ass even if you use a cheap plastic board:p HAHA

12. Smileen

Smileen Member

Well it's a rare thing here in Georgia, but Athens and my hometown of Alpharetta are close enough to the mountains to get a nice dusting once in a while. The best was in February, one Thursday we had four inches of snow (keep in mind there are NO plows here) that shut down all of Athens.... except of course I drove in it (yay for trucks). Then the next Thursday I had a t-shirt and flip flops on because it was in the high 70's. We have to use redneck sleds (trashbags), trash can lids, or trays stolen from fast food places for sliding things here. Sleds and snow shovels aren't really in high demand here.

13. Spot

Spot ReptileBoards Addict

the snow pics look beautiful! Kinda makes me miss living where it snows (IL, CT, NY). It's kinda weird that some of u guys are bundled up faving fun in the snow and I was out in my driveway today with shorts and T-shirt washing out my reptile tanks because it was warm and sunny (California). As much as I love living in the warm climate, I sure miss the fall colors and winter chills smetimes! Christmas is Definitely not the same!

14. Smileen

Smileen Member

Spot you should move to Georgia.... you get 100 + degrees in the summer, we have GORGEOUS fall colors right now (all the trees are red, orange and yellow) and occationally snow. Oh and no earthquakes. :)

15. joe5555

joe5555 Member

cant wait till nov1 when snow valley opens. getta go snowboarding.

16. wolfwood

wolfwood New Member

YES snowboarders are here. We already have 2 resorts open...hahaha...cant go yet, boards getting tuned. But yeah last year we had no snow up to christmas eve 2 inches. But christmas morning it started to snow and it kept snowing for 3 strait days!!! 3 ft. at home and 7 ft. the mountains!!! hope it happens again...^_^What boards do you all have or skis if any??? I got some early ridin in today though,Before the board went in though.

17. joe5555

joe5555 Member

i have a sims board. i have lamar bindings and forget what my boats are.

18. wolfwood

wolfwood New Member

I have an LTD board LTD bindings and what do ya know LTD boots also. Yesterday there was already an avalanchein the backcountry. I think this will be a great year for snow here...I hope so.:)

19. mythdragonlover

mythdragonlover Well-Known Member

I love snow!! Just everything about winter like holidays, snow (especially) and just everything! Snow is the best that means skiing, making igloos, drinking hot coco while watchin a fire, cool nights that makes you sleep good, just everything about it! I can't wait for winter (well, actually I can but I love the winter! lol).

20. gechoboy

gechoboy New Member

oooooooo i love 2 snowboard who else snowboards

21. joe5555

joe5555 Member

can u guys do any tricks.

22. wolfwood

wolfwood New Member

Nope I just learned last year...I haven't even had a chance to take a look at the terrain parks anywhere...Might try to do some this year? I just joined the ski/snowboard club at school and a lot of my friends did so they should show me some things...;)...One more ? does anybody here snowmobile???

23. joe5555

joe5555 Member

ive snowmobiled before its fun. The first time i drove i almost crashed into a tree. luckily i stopped like a foot away form the tree.

24. KaMiKaZeE

KaMiKaZeE Member

Man I love snowboarding! I try to go at least once a year, usually in January. I wish I lived closer to a ski area. Down here in texas its roughly an 18-hour drive to the nearest ski/board resort!

25. wolfwood

wolfwood New Member

For me its a 30 minute drive. My cousin works as ski patrol at Snow Basin so I can get in FREE! But thursday 6 of my friends and I are going back to monte cristo for a day of snowboarding...but the only thing is that we HAVE to hike to get to the top of the hills. I think I will take one of our sleds to get up. easier.

I have to share snowmobiles with my brothers. We use a Ski-Doo Summit 500 & 700(dads).