So where in Florida are you all?

Discussion in 'Florida Reptile Nuts' started by Axe, Jun 2, 2002.

1. IronButterFly

IronButterFly New Member

Do you live anywhere by Lake Monroe? I heard Sanford is pretty much in trouble with flooding after all this rain. I live in Winter Springs, not much flooding but the freaking mosquitoes are un real. Florida can not take another Hurricane and it looks like Hurricane Jeanne is making her way in the path of our state. We have alot of time though so stay safe and hopefully we will get a break!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. nychthermal

nychthermal Embryo

I'm new here and because I don't want to post a newbie thread I'll just intro myself here.

I live in Lake Worth, just outside of West Palm Beach, I've got a bearded dragon, a mali uromastyx, an Argentine black and white tegu, and a frilled dragon.

The hurricanes were pretty awful here but thankfully all of my lizards are pretty hardy and could handle the extended power outages with daily walks outside until I could get them somewhere that had power. They were pretty stressed but everything is back to normal again.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. skjoldhus

skjoldhus New Member

I am Erik in Sarasota- This is a current list of my household animals excluding my roommates collection. ( which is just a little smaller ).

3 Dwarf indo tree boas, 1 Dumerils Boa, 1 Kenyan Sand Boa, 1 Spotted Python, 1 Blood Python, 1 Savu Python, 2 Ball Pythons, 3 African House snakes, 1 Western Hognose Snake, 2 Plains Garter Snakes, 1 Blue-sided Garter Snake, 1 Banded Florida Water Snake, 2 Corns ( Amber and Red Amelanistic ), a large pair of Russian Ratsnakes, 1 Bullsnake, 1 Gopher snake, 2 California Kingsnakes, 1 Nigrita Black Mexican Kingsnake, 1 Desert Kingsnake, a large pair of Eastern Chain Kings, a pair of Tangerine and abberant Tangerine Honduran Milksnakes, a pair of Nelsons Milk Snakes, 1 Sinaloan Milksnake,1 Apricot Flame Pueblan, 1 Mexican Milksnake, 1 Dixons/Central Plains Milksnake hybrid, 1 Black Racer, 2 Musk Turtles, 2 Yellowbelly Turtles, 1 Florida Softshell turtle, 5 Leucomelas ( Bumble bee Dart frogs ), a Green & Black Auratus Dart, a wood toad, a melanistic leopard frog, 3 Veiled Chameleons, 3 Yellow Headed Cape Geckos, some fish, and my boxer Var.
    Okay I am an animal addict,... I admit it,... so what!? hahahahaha. ( Good news is,... I have run out of house to do much expanding so I am forced by space considerations to curb my herp numbers! ) I have been a herpetoculturalist since the mid 80's ( 18 years of herp experience ) and have had aquariums for years before I moved on into herps ( 31 years of total aquarium experience ).
    Anyway,... I currently work during the weekends as a manager for Ben Siegel Reptiles in Sarasota, and am a member of the Manasota Herpetological Society.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. DANIELLE33162

DANIELLE33162 Embryo

Hi everyone, I'm in Miami, FL and have been adopted by my first little Iggy. ;) I am trying desperately to find a decent cage that is big enough for him to grow into. :roll: Also, when is the next reptile show in FL? Does anyone know.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

There are usually ones in the Miami area and Boca Area every 3 months, if you can find a Reptle Magazine they list them in the back of them.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. DANIELLE33162

DANIELLE33162 Embryo

Hey from Miami, FL. I'm new to this site and so far it really rocks.

12. Sheila

Sheila Member

Vicki in Clearwater with two bearded dragons

13. xile

xile Member

I'm here in SOUTH Florida. In Homestead here. Alittle south of Miami.

14. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

I'm in the Ft. Lauderdale area (infact I'm right next to Coral Springs!) Meeting FL herpers from forums has been a great success for myself! I'm willing to drive if you want to meet up. Two good friends of mine I met from the Ks.com forum, and I now have a new friend down south (miami) I met last month. I also plan on being at the tampa show...it'll be worth the 4hr drive (one way!)!

15. ssscales

ssscales Member

I'm not too far from the FT. Lauderdale area, Weston is about 30minutes. Add one more herper in FL to your list of buddies.

16. toothless

toothless Embryo

NorthEast florida here. Jacksonville Beach.

I keep turtles, snakes, lizards, goldfish, fresh tropicals and apple snails.

Too bad it seems that all you guys are located in south florida. I moved from Key West, Miami/Ft. Lauderdale about 15 years ago and haven't looked back! :roll:

17. JustMe

JustMe Embryo

i'm currently living in Melbourne, FL...

just bought my first Gold Tegu this past week, and found this site which has been a great help...

18. Toad

Toad Embryo

Tuh tuh TAMPA!
    I would go to thw show, but Im not gonna be here.
    Im new to this herpin' thing, just got a BD two weeks ago.
    BTW, what do you do when you arent home but you gotta feed the lizard?

-Robert

19. lil_lovenugget

lil_lovenugget New Member

Hello from Melbourne, FL hope all had fun at the tampa show! ;)

20. Silverpenny88

Silverpenny88 Embryo

Hey Eeryone Chris here fromBoca Raton 1 collard lizard and 2 leopard geckos and hope to soon have a baby cornsnake =)

HOW ABOUT F.I.R.E. expo?? whos going i am its in summer

21. VolkerCole

VolkerCole New Member

Hello Brandon/Tampa Here I jus went to the tampa show Couple wks ago thats were i got my babies Im trying to get My pics up on my post (NewHere,showing off my babies) but i cant seem to get them to work

22. YourMainParadox

YourMainParadox Embryo

I am in jacksonville Florida... Duval county. Nice to talk to you all. 25 herps so far!

23. Seismosleetgirl

Seismosleetgirl Embryo

New here

have
    0.0.1 colombian black and white tegu
    0.0.1 normal corn
    0.0.1 snow corn
    0.1.0 banded water snake
    1.9.0 feeder mice that i breed :mrgreen:

24. Snake_Dude

Snake_Dude New Member

I live in Palm Beach. I'm probably getting my first snake this weekend.

25. BoyntonStylez

BoyntonStylez Member

Where in Palm Beach? I live here, too. We already have four snakes; be careful, they can get addictive!