So you Floridians...

Discussion in 'Florida Reptile Nuts' started by Axe, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

For those of you here in Florida, whereabouts are you all from?

Maybe we can arrange some kind of meet, all get together for a few drinks, etc. :eek:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Hi Axe,
    As you know, we're from Canada, but we go down to Kissimmee every year for a week. We have a timeshare there. Maybe when we go down next Feb. we could get together. :cool: Love to meet you and Cheri! Let us know.:) hobotramp

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Cool, should be fun to meet up :)

I'll speak to Cheri and see what we can get organised. Maybe Deepeyes might wanna hook up too, he's only a 20-30 minute drive from us here in Sarasota.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Sounds great. :) As far as I know now we will be leaving here Feb 7th (arrive there 8th a.m.) and we'll be there until we leave on the 15th to start our drive home. Let us know what can be arranged and we'll plan a visit into our vacation!:cool:

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. HerpMom

HerpMom Embryo

This is my first post here. So I like to say hello to everyone.
    I live in the SW Florida....Ft. Myers area. I think your gathering suggestion is a great idea.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

Hello HerpMom and welcome, what animals are you a mom to?

12. rjc

rjc Embryo

Pinellas Park

13. HerpMom

HerpMom Embryo

Hi CheriS, thank you for the welcome.

I'm mom to:
    2.4 Bearded dragons
    1.1 Rankins dragons
    1.0 Mountain horned dragon (a rescue)
    1.1 Dwarf Club-tail agamas
    2.0 Savannah monitors (1 is 2ft 1040grams(he was only 486grams when he came to me in June 2003 & 1 is 8in 30grams) (both were rescues)
    1.2.2 Leopard geckos (1 is a rescue / 2 are rehabs)
    0.0.1 Moorish gecko (a rescue)

14. Tropicria

Tropicria Embryo

I'll join in the gathering if we have one! Love to meet other herpers!

15. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Hopefully we can arrange some type of get together this spring or summer...

We've met a lot of people on the site, and other sites, from FL, a lot of them we usually hook up with at the shows, which is great fun.

16. Tropicria

Tropicria Embryo

Hi and welcome, Herpmom!

17. scarr105

scarr105 New Member

I'm from Kissimmee, Fl
    I'm new to the forum only posted a couple of times. I've never owned a reptile until now, we have two ornate wood turtles. I've been trying to read up on all there is to know about owning a reptile. i've found lots of good info in this forum.

18. HerpMom

HerpMom Embryo

Thank you for the welcome, Tropicria.

19. wecko

wecko Embryo

Hello everyone, I've been looking around for a few days and I like the info in the forums. I'm in Fort Walton Bch.

20. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about actually setting some sort of Florida map on here, so people can put a virtual pin in where they live, should be fun for those who want to hook up..

I'll look into all the details of that and see if I can get something on here.

21. JasonFurtak

JasonFurtak Embryo

From Palm Beach

I was born and raised in the Palm Beach area. I grew up in Palm Beach Gardens, lived in Boca Raton for 5 years before moving to Maryland where I'm at now. I still have family that lives in Palm Beach Gardens.

~Furtak~

22. theLC

theLC Embryo

i'm new here to the forum. originally from palm beach, grew up in merritt island, lived in orlando for 5 years and now living in cape canaveral. i would really like to meet some reptile people considering my friends and family can't understand why i have lizards and frogs. i was also wondering if anyone was interested in setting up some kind of association/club type thing where we could meet once a month to discuss ideas, products etc.. i heard there is one in jacksonville and gainesville but not one in the central florida area. there's a central florida saltwater fish club whose members seem to benefit greatly from trading ideas, auctioning equipment and coral (which gets very pricey if you ever had a reef tank) and collaborating with local dealers for discounts and guest speakers. if anyone is interested let me know or maybe we can start a new thread on the topic for organizing this. thank you, looking forward to meeting all of you.

23. BoaMan

BoaMan New Member

Hey theLC,

I'm Jon and I'm from the GeckoIsland merger. I lived in Orlando for 21 years and there is a pretty good Central Florida Herp. Society. They meet near downtown Orlando on Tuesday.
    IF you are interested here is their website http://cflhs.tripod.com/main/
    I live in Boca Raton now, going to school at FAU. Some very good reptile shops right near here in Deerfield Beach, Ben Siegle's just to name one.

24. Jeff

Jeff Embryo

Ok, Axe, you're not doing this meet until I move back to FL in 6 months. I wanna join in too! Where are you all planning on meeting at (city)? We should meet in Orlando :)

25. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Hey Jeff,

Right now there are no set plans...

I think til we all get to know each other a bit, best thing would probably to meet up at shows... That's where I've met a lot of the people from this and other forums so far...

Tampa in November was a GREAT show... Even though it wasn't as organized, or as popular as previous Tampa shows, the "fun factor" was way up there.

Is anybody going to the March show?