Startin to change my mind on getting one.

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by Reptodude, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Reptodude

Reptodude New Member

Uh, were do I start. Im not new with reptiles but not experienced either. Im inbetween. I have a beardie right now. I use to have 2 iguanas. My brother killed them because he didnt research enough. Im ready for the comitment. I have the space (I think), money, time, and love for one.

Cages. I have a couple cages that I could probably use. I have an old dresser thats 6',4',4' (LWH). Is that big enough for 1 iguana? I also have a ferret cage but I dont really want to use it because its kinda small. its dementions are,3.5',3.5',6' (LWH) They other cage is bigger.

Money. No problem, I have it

Care. Im willing to put fowarth my time into caring for an Iguana

Love. I got a bunch of that!! Lol

Equiment. I have it, or I can get it

So the main thing im kinda scared about is their attitude. I hate to say it but people put down Iguanas. Yeah, they can be mean. But a little bit of tamming will do the trick. Do you think im ready for one?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

i wouldnt say go bout and buy 1 but instead go out an adopt one. there are plenty of good hearted gentle iguanas that are available to be adopted. but with the dresser it will be good for a juvie and maybe subadult but there is no climbing space for an adult it should be 6' 6' 4'