Still not eating to well! YIKES~!

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by nikemikey, May 4, 2007.

1. nikemikey

nikemikey New Member

So I have had my gecko officially in her new big tank for about two weeks now! :D

She seems to love it , I see her running around it and climbing the logs at night time.....

But I still haven't seen her eat a lot ! A cricket here and there MAYBE !

Im starting to get really worried about her ! *sighs*

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. nikemikey

nikemikey New Member

Here is a few pics I took of her just a few minutes ago...what do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Hi, how often are you feeding, and how much exactly has she been eating recently? Also is that substrate coco-fiber? If it is, it needs to be a LOT damper, to increase the humidity levels within the tank :wink:

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. nikemikey

nikemikey New Member

Well the pet store fed her everyday, just in case. So we have been putting about 6 crickets a night in there. All different sizes. Last night I also added two worms to it. Recently i say she has ate maybe 1 cricket 2 at the most.

It is coco- fiber. I realize it has to be alot damper! Today is pay day so I plan on going out to get that lizard carpet :) I think she would like it more! :D I also need to keep spraying for humidity, if I dampen it I guess it would be alot better, but it dries up so fast! Its crazy! So I think carpet would be good for that too....and maybe plexi glass on half the tank :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Ryask

Ryask New Member

You mentioned you have had her in the new tank for about two weeks now. She might have not been eating due to stress.

Also do you remember the last time she shed? In those pictures you posted of her she looks like she is about to shed. Which case it is normal for them to not eat before shedding. So keep that humidity up so she won't have any problems shedding.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. nikemikey

nikemikey New Member

She hasn't shed since we got her! And she was having some hell of a time trying to climb her walls :D So I think she may be! I will keep it up ! Thanks Ryask! She is my baby, and I worry about her all the time.

I would figure she was stressed, we have been adding things, cleaning , ect .... so it is possible! Thanks again! Anymore advice would be awesome

12. NoisyJoisy

NoisyJoisy New Member

if your switching to that lizard carpet stuff, try keeping a couple potted plants in there, deff helps in mantaining the humidity

13. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

I would forget the carpet. Keep spraying the substrate. Mine dries up fast too but if you do it either twice a day or once a day really really good then it should be okay. I would get a fecal sample to the vet asap. Your gecko looks pretty skinny and it could be due to parasites. Make sure you are dusting her crickets with calcium every feeding. But definetly get a fresh poop sample to the vet.

14. nikemikey

nikemikey New Member

Thanks guys :) We are plannign on getting one to the vet soon ;)

WE already switched to carpet! She likes it A LOT better then the substrate !

15. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

did you buy your tokay from Petlovers ?

16. nikemikey

nikemikey New Member

Nope. I got her from Rogers Pet store in Delta BC! :D

Great place, great ppl ! :)

Just got another one that some man dropped off the other day. Said she wasnt eating. Also has a growth on her neck. Thought it was a male, but its a she :D

I got her to eat tho :)

17. THEZACHMAN

THEZACHMAN Embryo

your gecko looks awsome :!: