Strange eggs and no answers

Discussion in 'Live Help and IRC Chat' started by klaramos321, May 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klaramos321

klaramos321 Embryo

I have found five eggs in a freshwater lake in southwest VA. I have looked through every website trying to figure out what kind of reptile they are. They are round and a little smaller than a ping pong ball. I would really like to find out what they are before they hatch and turn out to be something poisonous and crawls into bed with us.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

the best thing to do would probably be to put them right back where you found them. in va its illegal to take wildlife and keep it as a pet

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. LittleLouie

LittleLouie Well-Known Member

I don't know what all venomous snakes you might have in VA, but they are not copperheads or rattlesnakes. A couple years ago, we had some construction workers dig up some eggs which I ended up with. After researching the venomous snakes in our area, I determined that they were safe. All our venomous snakes are live bearing. Mine ended up hatching into little baby black snakes. If they are underwater, they may very well be infertile or dead. I don't know of any reptile that lays it's eggs in the water. Even water turtles will come up on land to lay their eggs. If they are more round than oval, they may (but not necessarily) be turtle eggs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.