stubborn ball's

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by lil_shy_aries, Sep 6, 2009.

1. lil_shy_aries

lil_shy_aries New Member

Hello Room
    As always I run into delema's
    I have a situation, I need to do some cave changes. They are going from small to large.
    spooks never gave me a bit of trouble. tini tim, the 3 year old was a bit big for his small cave. gave him a large one and he wrapped into his water bowl. I have the type that holds a resivour I had a hell of a time to get him out. and the next thing I see is him back rolled back up in it. I use that type water dish for space saver.so I gave in and gave him his own cave back. now he wont go in it.he is driving me nutts.
    now I know I spoil my snakes. lol. but someone tell me I am not the only one that has had this problems.
    so if anyones had this problem I would love to have any solutions. I gave in for fear of belly rot.
    well I will love some comes to this one lol.
    thank you
    shy
    dont you just love these little darlings with a terriable two attitude. God I think. I'm into torment . thats what these little guys love to give me lol.
    thanks ya'll
    shy

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Crazy4Herps

Crazy4Herps Hooked on Reptiles

Hello Shy. I think that the chances of Spooks getting scale rot are slim as long as he has a dry place to go; i.e., he can get out of his water dish, which he can.

If I were you, I would try putting both of the caves in the cage and leave him alone for a day or two. He will eventually come out of his water dish and select a cave. Let him choose which one he likes best.

There is also the possibility that he is staying in the water dish because he has mites, although it is unlikely. Check him over just in case.

I feel for you. :) My bearded dragon is such a spoiled brat, he can be a real handful.

Good luck!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lil_shy_aries

lil_shy_aries New Member

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. ssscales

ssscales Member

Hi Kelly, if they are spending too much time soaking, you may want to check for mites and if so, treat it ASAP.
    After they have been soaking for a while and decide to come out, check the bottom of the water bowl for little black dots, those are mites.

You have a few, actually many options, but treatment is a personal preference from PAM and Black Knight for $20/can, to a couple solutions found at Wal-Mart at $4.00/can. Whatever you do, if you do have mites, treat them ASAP. A few dozen mites can easily become a few hundred mites and cause numerous issues and problems for your snakes.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Crazy4Herps

Crazy4Herps Hooked on Reptiles

x2. I just got done with a mite infestation, it is NOT fun, and much easier to treat if caught early.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. lil_shy_aries

lil_shy_aries New Member

hello room,
    I have just done a mite check. even moved the belly scales up and looked in them. also gave him a bath I have a white tub and and nothing came off of anyone of them.now im laying down paper towels on the top to
    watch for any spots.
    But what I was talking about Tini Tim, being mad that I tried to give him a larger cave. he out grown his cave but will not give it up. so when I put the bigger cave in he wrapped up in the water bottle holder.I guess he felt better cause he was wedged in the water dish. and the bigger cave doesnt give him the security. so I gave in and put in the little cave again and he is being a little ****. sitting up on his drift wood high in his terrarium staring at me and then the cave. he has a attitude
    but how do I get him to get into the bigger cave.
    thank you
    shy

12. lil_shy_aries

lil_shy_aries New Member

hello Room.
    update on the little **** ass. I changed his bedding I put him on ground shell, and not back on his bark. oh man did that boy get p***ed. he spit out his mice cause it had gravel on it.lol. I thought spookset taught me all the ways they can have a fit. but tini tim actually spit one out and chucked it away from him cause it had ground shell.
    so I gave in half way. I put bark down about a inch thick about a foot wide and put the large cave in, he now has lots of room in his new cave and he likes the mouse to come in to his cave and he gets it , he thinks its cool. to ambush his pray. he loves it. he is now like a little boy with a new toy lol.
    thought ya'll would like the story.
    shy