STUPID CANADIAN BYLAW

Discussion in 'Reptile Law & Legislation' started by jjaj02, Jul 8, 2004.

1. SilverSeven

SilverSeven New Member

People break herp bylaws all the time. One guy regularly comes into my store who has over 160 herps ranging from anacondas to cresties.

Ottawa has HARSH herp laws, and he is probably breaking them all.

Here you cant have snakes over 6 feet, iguanas of any kind, only two "bugs" are legal (rosies and pink toes)...hell I could go on forever.

And who wrote our by laws? The guy who runs and owns a reptile zoo here. How convenient that many common herps in other places, where people could see them for free at a petstore, can only be seen for $10 at his zoo in Ottawa. The dumbest part? Ottawa literally borders Gatineau, another city in another province. I live in the south end of Ottawa, and Gatineua is north of Ottawa. If I left right now, I could be there in less than 10 minutes. Everything is legal there. Dont wanna go to Gatineau? Go half an hour west to Kemptville, where they hold a major reptile show. You can get freaking crocs there.

So what ends up happening? You have a BOATLOAD of "illegal" herps in Ottawa. And no one cares.

You will only have an issue if someone complains.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Flashback3003

Flashback3003 Embryo

Yea im here in mississauga(ontario) and heard of the law too.At first i was pissed,but then i thought...what would stop all the petstores from selling reptiles......the gov. but then i thought..what would stop expo's and shows that sell reptiles from having people purchasing them?No one.And besides theyre just starting to form the law.It would atleast take several years for that type of messed law to sperad throughout canada.(why would they make such a law anyways?like seriously ,what does it even have to do with them?its our lives and our pets,for me,if thats so and they try taking my little mango away,ill be happy to take this to court).

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

well how if you sneak the snake or things up?? they do some checking or razia??
    i we can keep anything here except from endangered ones (but still, some of us do) they may have
    permit or somethingi dunno :)