take a look at my idea! part 2

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by bigtommy911, Jul 2, 2007.

?

how do you feed your snake?

1. *

pre killed

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. *

live feeders

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. bigtommy911

bigtommy911 New Member

hey all sorry about everything just wanna see all ya who are interested in this thread :) the poll of the day

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

I moved this to general snakes. I feed pre killed.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. bigtommy911

bigtommy911 New Member

any reason why wouldnt feed live feeders besides biting fact? id imagine snake would kill mouse quicker if it was attacked not sure if thats what they feel or not

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Reptikeeps101

Reptikeeps101 New Member

i have been feeding my snakes live mice,rats,rabbits and anoles as long as i have been alive and NEVER one of them has had something wrong with them. I feed my lizard live, and trust me... that lizard is not going to let that mouse beat him. As long as the rodents arent found in your house and they are captive bred it is good. But one that you find in your house might carry diseases. People argue with me all the time on how i feed my pets. None of mine have died so im not worried about it. I have a California Kingsnake. We have had him for 20 years,we got him after he hatched and we have been feeding him live mice and there has NEVER been a problem with him.
    Think about this, those snakes really dont want to be in that fish tank so you would want to make it as close to their natural habitat is in the wild. THROWING PRE-KILLED MICE IN WITH A SNAKE IS NOT NATURAL. When snakes come across dead mice in the wild they dont just start eating. They kill their own food. People should really start to understand to let them eat the way they want to eat. It's like having somebody chew up your food for you and making you eat it. You get to eat the way you want so let your snake/lizard eat the way they want.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. dumerillis_1986

dumerillis_1986 Well-Known Member

Re: RE: take a look at my idea! part 2

YES because it would stress your snake out.. if it is not hungry it is not going to take the F/T.

Not only can a live feeder harm your snake but stress him out majorly if he is not hungry.. in the wild he could pass it up. when you shove it in a confined area with it he is going to protect his space..

I apologize if this is harsh but i feel every post of yours is sarcastic and meant to start arguments. you have a minimal amount of posts and either you are to young to know what you are saying when you type or you just make posts and comments to get a rise out of people.

I am not talking about this post in particular just out of your post count 90% of them have been un needed.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. dumerillis_1986

dumerillis_1986 Well-Known Member

RE: Re: RE: take a look at my idea! part 2

Sorry forgot the question.

So are you serious about learning about reptiles or are you here because you have nothing better to do with your time.. a little honesty would be nice for a change.

12. lplasc

lplasc New Member

I feed pre-killed

13. DreamingOfDragons

DreamingOfDragons Member

i have 10 snakes that eat f/t and 3 who are on live...though those 3 i will soon be trying to convert to f/t as well.

regards,
    Dreamer

14. Collard

Collard Member

I def prefer FT, but its hard to get new hatchie's started off on FT, so if i have to feed live, I always do the fresh killed method to prevent my snakes from getting injuries. I have thousands and thousands invested in my snakes and I would be devastated if I lost one of them due to a mouse...

15. Reptikeeps101

Reptikeeps101 New Member

Why dont you just let them eat live? They like to eat that way.

16. MBK_KID

MBK_KID Member

Snakes have no preferance, to them Food is food. And also Dreamer my not want to put his snake's lives at risk.

Azza

17. spooky326

spooky326 New Member

i feed my western hogs F/T and all my other snakes i feed freshly killed because my feeders breeding is starting off slow and so i still need to go to the store to pick them up. i euthinase (sp?) all in a homemade "gas chamber"

18. Savvy_Sav

Savvy_Sav New Member

There are more direct ways of killing a mouse. Some may say it would be cruel to the mouse, But a swift kill is more humane to me than suffocation.

19. cblock

cblock New Member

what about drowning?
    or just place one in a container and put it in the freezer.
    they will just go to sleep.

20. WTFbbqSnake

WTFbbqSnake Member

Never heard of anyone just going to sleep by freezing to death. Lol. Also I hear that drowning is agonizing. That is how humans that have survived drowning describe it.

21. MikeFuture

MikeFuture New Member

With me it was 50/50 for a long time. My Savannah loved live mice, but I fed my Kingsnakes f/t mice. My snappers would eat both with no hesitation. However, one day a mouse bit my savannah on the jaw and held on. This lizard was 3 feet so it had no problem taking down the mouse but after that I switched to f/t for all my animals.

My Pueblan Milk eats f/t.

22. cblock

cblock New Member

well once hypothermia sets in, thats all you do, you pass out.
    i know it sounds harsh, but it would prolly be less agonizing then anything else.

23. Stealth_Raptor

Stealth_Raptor New Member

The problem is that in the final stage of hypothermia, the blood vessels rise to the surface. Most of the hypothermia victims take off their clothes before they die because it feel like fire.