Tampa Herpers!

Discussion in 'Florida Reptile Nuts' started by Toad, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Toad

Toad Embryo

Any body live in Tampa?

Or do you know any good shops in Tampa?

-Robert

Thanks

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Sheila

Sheila Member

There is the Herp Hobby Shop in Oldsmar. It's off of Douglas AVenue in the industrial park. In Clearwater, there is Pets Unlimited. They have a pretty decent reptile section.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Toad

Toad Embryo

Ive pasted by Pets unlimited, but Ive never been in there.
    Oldsmar, kinda far, maybe I can go when i get some days off school.
    Thanks.
    -Robert

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Sheila

Sheila Member

Actually, Oldsmar is pretty close to Tampa. The Herp Hobby Shop is near the Oldsmar Flea Market. Guess I am just lucky to work in Oldsmar and live in Clearwater!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. VolkerCole

VolkerCole New Member

There is one I go to get my crickets Its run By a very good owner only prob he is In a small shop and hasnt raised enough for a biger place but other then that is prolly the best place i found soo far it is in brandon on kingsway N.
    Name is "SCALES"

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. nutsnhoney

nutsnhoney Embryo

BEWARE of Scales in Brandon

We have done lots of business with Scales and WILL NEVER DO ANY MORE, not even for a bulb! We lost big money by buying sick animals from there. Feel free to email me with any questions should anyone have them, I will gladly give details. All I can say is BUYER BEWARE!!!!! We have been collecting snakes, monitors and etc for several years and learned the hard way with this place.

12. VolkerCole

VolkerCole New Member

I can agree with Nutsnhuney on Scales, we went in there to get some crikets and i went looking around and seen some Baby (little) BD that looked like they were maybe a week or two old, they were small :) I can go against my fiancee on that reply above.

13. nutsnhoney

nutsnhoney Embryo

Yes, unfortunately when we USED to go into Scales, we would see many of the reptiles that were very dehydrated or looking poorly and I would point them out to the owner and his comment would be "survival of the fittest". I should have known then and not bought anything else.... shame on me.