Tank setup question

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by domswe, Jun 20, 2010.

1. domswe

domswe Embryo

Alright, so i had a Leopard Gecko for about 10 years and now i want to switch to anoles, ive done a fair bit of research and i have a 35 gallon tank, I plan to buy two females, but what substrate is best? Reptile turf? bark? soil? and as for humidity, is misting the tank a couple times a day fine? do i need an Infrared and a normal basking bulb or will one infared left on 24/7 do fine? and how much foliage is needed? should i stuff as many plants in there as possible? Thanks

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. tkohlbre

tkohlbre Embryo

Hmm, well your tank is plenty big for 2 females, i would just put enough foliage in there so they can climb around and hide, but you don't have to have so much that is crowds the enclosure. My anoles almost never say on the ground of the tank for long so the foliage is as important for them as food and water is. (sure fake plants since its easier to clean!) Currently i use repti-bark for them but i'll probably switch to repti-carpet since it's more reliable in my opinion. Im sure you know small crickets and mealies will do fine for them!
    for watering, misting them for a good 30 seconds 2-3 times a days is great, you can even provide a small dish of water and try to get them to drink from that as well.

Have fun with your anoles!