Ten Commandments for pets from the pets view

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by CheriS, Dec 16, 2002.

1. fbt_brendan

fbt_brendan Member

wow those commandments touched me, my heart feels warm inside, thanks for sharing that...

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. SneakySnake

SneakySnake Embryo

WOW! What a wonderful 10 Commandments! The only thing is I don't quite agree with # 5...my "pets" listen to me better than my husband does!! ;) Seriously, I sometimes marvel at the fact that all my pets are at least bi-lingual..even the Snake seems to know what I'm saying to him. I talk to him ALOT (he's a Ball Python and I was afraid of snakes even though I got him for my husband (he'd always wanted one but couldn't justify buying it for himself..so I had him pick one out and bought it as an engagement gift!))..usually saying "hey baby boy..please don't strike at or bite momma...she loves you". He kinda gets a look like "Bite you? Geez..I'm a Python..sheesh.I SQUEEZE you!"
    In all honsety though...I wish EVERY pet "owner" of every type of pet could/would read and adhere to this. Thank you for posting this here!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Klare88

Klare88 New Member

Great Post Everyone should have to read that.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. cricketnutz

cricketnutz New Member

im gonna print that and send it out to my local petstores and add it to all the animals i breed and sell this is prefect to get idiots thinkin

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Miss_Smile

Miss_Smile New Member

Oh My! Thats so nice to see. I have to send that to all of my friends. Oh My gosh! I loved that and needed that. thanks for sharing that

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Baileyrules

Baileyrules New Member

I have one:

"Thou shalt not blame the dog"

Some people just use their dog as an alabi, its really annoying

12. Miss_Smile

Miss_Smile New Member

here is one

"I may not talk, and may not know what you are saying,But be nice to me.don't make me do someing"

13. CrimsonRegret818

CrimsonRegret818 Member

Wow. That's really deep. almost made me cry :cry:

14. corey

corey Well-Known Member

waow! that's really good to remember!

15. betta_grl

betta_grl Embryo

So true.It hard to explain to nonanimal people why I am so upset that one of my bettas died to them it is just a fish.To me is isn't just fish.Nemo is my aggressive little boy,Libby is my shy boy,Ruby is my gentle giant,and Coral is my little tomboy.It is just a cat people will say well to me it isn't just a cat.Zippy is my Princess girl and Pumpkin is my super kitty and little orange ball of terror.

16. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Thats a great post! A copy of this should DEFINATELY be given to everyone when getting a new pet... all the 'FAD' pets - its really not fair.

17. wjfr26

wjfr26 New Member

i just read the ten commandments and i didnt read the other messages so excuse me if someone said this already ;p lol

I just need to comment so say that: dang the ten commandment thingy is sooooo cute ;p lol

18. wjfr26

wjfr26 New Member

i acctually thought there will be like a commandment in there that says:

1.) Feed me
    2.) Clean my cage ;p
    3.) Let me breed j/p lol =)

19. Madrepdragon

Madrepdragon Embryo

Thats really cool

That is really nice.. that should be given to everyone who adopts an animal

20. rejectedloner14221

rejectedloner14221 New Member

i always talk to my animals and explain to them what i am doing as i am doing it when i got my new iguana cage i was very excited and that morning before i got the cage i explained to my iguana how the day was going and any chances that there would be for him to not get his cage today. they are more than just pets they are companions and friends and anything that happens to them that may upset them upsets me

21. treeafodo

treeafodo Member

i feel guilty now. not that i am abusing my animals or anything(because im not) i love leela with all my heart. and now i feel guilty because her cage is kinda plain, even tho she climbs around all night. she needs a few more things to do.

22. kinsey

kinsey Embryo

thank you for posting this, all people need to read it. I have heard tho most horrific thing people do to thier pets and if they only read tihs!...well..! In any case, I treat Majik well and she loves to be around me and other people...we are best friends...used to be the same with shadow...but...

Any ways, THANKS!

23. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

i understand this so much, my grandma once had a dog, when she died the dog refused to eat and died from starvation, i was only 5 so i didnt really understand, hhh,, :lol:

24. lil_shy_aries

lil_shy_aries New Member

now that one is deep, everyone who is around animals especiall the ones that think animals especially reptiles dont have feelings.needs this tattoo'd on there forhead

25. thezombieone

thezombieone Embryo

Wow, havent teared up in a while.
    makes you think about how true this is.