The care of crickets...

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by UncleLunchBox, Mar 8, 2003.

1. UncleLunchBox

UncleLunchBox New Member

Hello yet again peoples,

My father is a carpenter and constructed a cricket box for me about the size if a 10 gallon tank. All 4 sides are covered in screen with the top and bottom solid and with a door on the top of course. I just recently changed their feeding dishes to a double cat dish which I'm sure you all have seen. It is a 2 in 1 plastic dish where you put food on one side and water on the other. Well I put food on one side of the dish and cricket quencher on the other. My question is that this double dish is pretty slick plastic. And while I haven't yet witnessed the crickets crawling on it, they do in fact manage to get in it and get to the food and water. Can crickets climb slick plastic, or do I need to take some sandpaper to my newly found invention? By the way, I thought the idea of just using a simple cat or dog dish to feed crickets was pretty economical and neat. Before I was just using the top and cut down bottom of a butter container, which looked tacky. It's just for crickets of course, but nonetheless, it was tacky looking and I'm pretty picky about that stuff so I came up with that idea. It also has two neat little openings in the sides(used for handles if using for feeding a dog or cat) but makes a great little door for the crickets to get under to hide. Pretty nifty eeehhhh?!!?!? Well, let me know what you think......

UncleLunchBox ;)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Sounds like you're on top of everything there. Just keep an eye on the food supply and crickets. If the food doesn't seem to be disappearing or the crickets are dying quickly... then maybe you need to do something to the bowls. If the bowls are fairly wide, they can probably jump in and out (depending how big they are).